Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » How much money? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think i recall hearing that WDIV paid several hundred thousand dollars to Kim Adams to lure her away from WXYZ...

does anyone have any idea how much she got?

thanks

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2936
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know that I would pay WDIV plenty of cash if it would lure Rhonda Walker's fine ass away from THEM.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1316
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of KA, did anyone see the story WDIV did on her announcing that she was pregnant, including a live remote from her house?
A story like this is a prime example of why I don't watch the local news anymore.
I caught it on another forum, but doing a search on "Kim Adams WDIV" on Youtube should bring it up.

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 209
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if it's real news, odds are you won't see, hear or read it on 99% of the "news media" in this country.

I was on CNN the other day, and one of the top stories was actually headlined something along the lines of "Paris Hilton single again."

Stay tuned for more.... news?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9396
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In this day and age of so much media, it's tough to say what is news any more. I hear people complain that network news is too much blood, gore & guts and not enough good human interest stories. I can't even imagine being an editor at these places! All sorts of news- from horrific bombings overseas to the fluff pieces like who Paris Hilton is dating must come flooding in all the time. How does one decide what goes on the air? Gone are the days when we looked to Walter Cronkite to TELL us the news every night. We as consumers almost have to be our own editors and sift through what it is we want to read and see now. Beyond just the local media outlets, there's more cable news, the internet, and all sorts of other information places to get our news. It does get overwhelming.

Is Kim Adams newsworthy? Was Bill Bonds back in the day when he challenged Coleman Young to a boxing match? It truly is a lot of stuff to take in.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5767
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch the CBC if you want to see real news.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3048
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second that Lilpup - although I can't get it anymore without cable, they always impressed me with the daily news on there. Although I get by now with the WTVS ch. 56, 6 - 8 pm news lineup.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3932
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Here's the news. The Loonie is down to 80 cents U.S. Highway 401 is closed at Sussex due to drifting snow. Quebec has surrendered again, but it is unknown to whom. And now, it's HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA.........."

Ct_alum
Username: Ct_alum

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Rhonda Walker is fine, but do you remember Beverly Payne in her prime? Talk about fine! Also, Carmen Harlan in her younger days was nothing to sneeze at either. BTW, how much does Carm make these days? I would guess well over $500K. Anybody else notice the distinctly Detroit anchor pairings - Black female and white male?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5769
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's how the black & white pecking order goes:

White male
Black female
Black male
White female

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 367
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw that Kim Adams story and I too was surprised that they made it such a big deal. I expected it to be an announcement that she was doing something...well, I don't want to say important, because surely I wish her well, but was that worthy of a "breaking news" live satellite to her home? Wonder what they'll do when she goes into labor?

And am I the only one that didn't even notice she was on a different channel?

I'm going back to WXYZ news. I watched the 60th anniversary special and it made me realize how so many of them have been there since I was a child and they're still there, that says a lot. I think I'll reward them with my viewership, lol.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember when Robbie Timmons joined WXYZ. She's as pretty today as she was as a kid.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.