Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Motown Girl Sister Golden Hair- Detroit author releases her new book « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Smoniqueking
Username: Smoniqueking

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnnie Sue Bridges incredible life story began with the release of her first book, the highly acclaimed Shadows And Scars—A beautiful story that captures the essence of living in the mountains of Middlesboro, Kentucky, with vivid imagery, comical moments and raw emotion. In one cold blue night, she writes of an already painful world turning into nothing short of a nightmare. Bitter coldness and survival starts the reader on a journey that portrays a young mother’s fight against poverty, loneliness, and alcoholism, concluding in the riot-torn and racially divided city of Detroit. Shadows And Scars reveals a birds-eye view of the child that struggled to maintain stability in her hauntingly unstable world. Readers will gain the knowledge of endurance within themselves, despite adversity.

Book # 2 Motown Girl: Sister Golden Hair chronicles her roller coaster ride through the early 70’s growing up in the inner city of Detroit’s Westside. Hitting the teen years during the underground time of extreme change, uprisings, experimenting with everything under the sun, came at a very high price—robbery of her self worth and most importantly, the stolen innocence of the ones she dearly loved. Highly educated in cultured urban habit, she was forevermore restless and ran incessantly. And by the grace of God, she eventually changed and escaped. However, some of those she held closest to her heart paid the piper with their lives.
In her own words, “No one told us that stuff would kill ya.”
Book # 3 of her series
RUN BABYGIRL RUN
Coming Soon!

Author's Web sites
www.johnniesuebridges.com
www.myspace.com/susie1958
www.johnniesuebridges.org

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1636
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"RUN BABYGIRL RUN"

Gump had a sister ?

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if Gump should be so lucky Bongman!!!!

way to go Johnnie Sue Bridges

Johnnie_sue_bridges
Username: Johnnie_sue_bridges

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Isle_of_fun
I am very excited about the release of Motown Girl Sister Golden Hair. It has been two years in the making. Thank you for your sweet reply.
God bless
Johnnie Sue

Johnnie_sue_bridges
Username: Johnnie_sue_bridges

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Mr. Lowell Boileau
I was browsing around the Detroityes Web site and I discovered that you are the artist that I always wanted to find. The street scene that you recreated in your painting entitled “Wesson Street" is located three blocks over from my beloved 35th Street. This is where the story of the Motown Girl Sister Golden Hair takes place. I saw the piece floating around the web several times, but I had no clue who the artist was. As a matter-of-fact this specific piece was one of the topics of conversation at our 35th Street reunion a while back. A man that still lives in one of those houses in the painting was there. All of us from that area absolutely loves that painting; you made us proud, thank you.
God bless
Johnnie Sue Bridges

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.