Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Wagoner's showcasing Volt technology in DC tomorrow « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5778
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

driving one with a Cruze body and having another on display

http://freep.com/article/20081 203/BUSINESS01/81203081

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6493
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just you watch; many of the politicians and columnists will still find something negative in this.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1872
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And then they'll give another $50 billion to Wall Street with no questions and no strings attached.

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 5290
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And it's all because Congress HATES Michigan, and HATES Detroit, and wants to see you all suffer and be poor.

Lilpup

Post Number: 5782
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At this point we have no reason to believe otherwise.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, if it's what you (I mean the collective you, not you individually) want to believe you'll probably find a way to convince yourself of it no matter what.

Lilpup

Post Number: 5784
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not true, Otter. SE Michigan has the greatest concentration of engineers in the country. We are analytical people. Your condescending dismissal of our concerns is exactly the behavior we repeatedly see from so many others.

Michigan was raising the alarm about economic instability long before things starting blowing up this past year, but everyone scoffed at us and sniped about our "one state recession." We would rather not have the opportunity to say again "We told you so" after the complete collapse that will occur if you people don't get your heads out of your asses.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup,

I am not dismissing your concerns for the state of Michigan or the auto industry. If I am dismissive of anything, however, it is of agreement with statements like "And it's all because Congress HATES Michigan, and HATES Detroit, and wants to see you all suffer and be poor." - which was meant sarcastically by the poster but seems to be taken seriously by a lot of people.

If you reduce an oppsition's motivation on a political issue like this one to a personal one, then you are almost certainly wrong. It is rather myopic to imagine that the rest of the country is so consumed with a personal hatred of you, your state, your industry, whatever. They're not.

FWIW, I'm an automotive engineer too. Not sure how that bears on anything, though.

You (personally) may prefer not to have the opportunity to say "I told you so" but other posters here seem to look forward to it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.