Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Hope in Hockeytown CD Vol. 1 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ashdetroit
Username: Ashdetroit

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Random post:
Does anyone remember the "Hope in Hockeytown" album (vol.1) that appeared a year or two before the Wings won their first modern cup? It had songs by Edwin McCain, The Odds, and the Subdudes...among others.
There is not even proof this album exists online, except in my memory--and I was hoping to find it for my brother this Christmas. It was his favorite when we were kids.
$20 to anyone who has the actual album, and hey, I'll throw you a couple bucks even if you'll just burn me a copy...

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1897
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It doesn't look like this one sold. Maybe the seller still has it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hope-In-Ho ckeytown-1996-Detroit-Red-Wing s-Hockey-CD_W0QQitemZ350118063 610QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CD s?hash=item350118063610&_trksi d=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A 1%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A2%7C240%3A1 318

Erikto
Username: Erikto

Post Number: 754
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, I have the second volume of a collection of Canadian garage & rockabilly bands, called 'Zombie Night In Canada'- a play on the Canadian t.v. staple 'Hockey Night in Canada'. I didn't know there was a cross-border love for rawk 'n' roll and hockey. Don Cherry's c.d.'s are all techno and club hits, I believe.

Ashdetroit
Username: Ashdetroit

Post Number: 55
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jiminnm, thank you! I just emailed the seller--it's so strange, it won't come up when I search for it. I really appreciate you looking this up for me. I'll even burn you a copy if you want! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.