Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Hood Press Release FAIL « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1480
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/article/20081 204/NEWS01/81204076

Apparently, over 1000 seniors showed up to the meeting tonight :-)

They shoulda just fessed up, said they accidentally sent a draft, and apologized for sending it early instead of making some excuse about not having enough time.

I know how this game is played, I've been there, and you write the draft before the event so it's ready, and unless there are major changes, you send it out when you get home or after the event.

Not a smooth move.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3667
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops, lol.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3841
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, this primary is going to be like New Year's Eve: "Amateur night."

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 757
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anyone in this city do anything correctly?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9731
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bottle/can scroungers?

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 620
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hood didn't completely fail. In fact, he has my vote. He's exactly what the city needs: a visionary. He can see into the future and what we need to do to make the future happen.

Hey Nick, while you're looking in your crystal ball, can you tell me what tomorrow's 5 digit is going to be?

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1481
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's the way he can raise his campaign warchest, C_p... as the Lotto Swami. You soon will be seeing his "Numbers... you can bet on" books in your local liquor store.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2975
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His media coordinator tried to explain this by saying:
quote:

“I wanted to get it out to reporters in case I couldn’t make it back to my computer,” Reeves said. “The quotes in there are talking points we’ve given him to address tonight.”

Seriously. That has got to be the lamest excuse I have ever heard in my life.

Rev. Hood would be better off getting one of the PR students at Wayne State to serve as his press secretary than to keep this flak around.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

check out his web site, designed my Ray Charles I might add, but it turns out Nick is having a Bingo Bonanza nite at Bert's.

So, if you ever wanted to win at Bingo, I suggest a trip to Bert's in the Eastern Market.

http://www.nickhood4mayor.com/ events.php

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 621
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nick is my kind of dude. Check out the issues from his web site.

- Improving the Quality of Life in Detroit
- Making the Streets Safer for Our Children
- Real Mass Transit, NOW!
- Creating the Workforce of Tomorrow, Today
- Improving Our Suffering Educational System
- Restoring Hope to the Government, and Trust to the People

Comical!

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3843
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought "creating the workforce of tomorrow, today" was also amusing, in light of tonight's, er, today's events. :-)

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Kellie Reeves -

Get a laptop. Or better yet, Kellie, buy a blackberry like the rest of the business world and you will be able to email things to people any time of day or night when you are away from a computer.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 371
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, the coming months are gong to be SO much fun! Who needs Kwame? We've still got plenty of clowns to provide us with Winter reading material!

And Hood allegedly is one of those protesting so loudly about not being "invited" to the mayoral debate.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well now over 1000 seniors can stay home tonight.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.