Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Enough is enough « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 498
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's sickening. This Dodd character, for one example among many, are making official government, derogatory, remarks about my hometown and its heritage. And giggling, like little schoolgirls, at the expense of genuine businessmen. Plan? Yeah right. I'd like to see one of them - Mullaly, Nardelli, Wagoneer, Gettlefinger - one of them, say, "Plan!? There IS no fucking PLAN! Oh, plan, ok, here's the plan: ummm, ok, we'll employ Americans to manufacture American-made products, and we'll sub-contract a vast majority of our engineering, facility services, maintenance, marketing, financial, and tooling resources to American companies. All the while we do this, we'll outsource to Mexico as well, even though since day one of NAFTA, there have been nothing but complaints about quality control (oh, many recalls are resultant of slip-shod wiring). But that's ok, we'll follow every government regulation we have to. And, in spite of unfair trade policie's, we'll still continue to strive for profitability. What other industry in America has marketed themselve's around the concept of being American? Rock and Roll, build Chargers, make the Viper, the Prowler, the friggin' Corvette an Cadillac... the Mustang, the F-150, the Neon, the E-Ranger, the Jeep, etc, etc."

And then, in dramatic fashion, the four of them simultaneously flip the bird to the Floor, wave bye, bye, get back in their cars and drive back to Detroit.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Ok. My scenario is in large part an emotional reaction, but I am positive that Mullaly, Wagoneer, Gettlefinger, and Nardelli fantasize to do just that.

On a more realistic note, there truly is an opportunity for a heavy-hitting statement to be made from the Auto Execs that could have far-reaching ramifications for this country and it's, ummm, attitude.

In short, I'd like to see these guys get a little Detroit-style, grow some nads, and get back to what they do best - building cars.

I'd rather starve than to lick the ass of Congressmen/women. It's sickening.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1744
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not going to comment about all of this Ggores, but you're spot on with your "grow some nads" comment.

Switchmanjim
Username: Switchmanjim

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From what I saw, Dodd was in favor of the loans. It was Corker of Tenn. and Shelby of Ala. that made asses of themselves.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6495
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Dodd is known for playing up his role for being on TV, but he's generally in favor of the loans.

Shelby, Sessions, and all of the rest of the country-fried Southern senators are against this because they believe that killing off GM and the rest would help in the long run for the foreign automakers with operations in their state. Notice that both Sessions and Shelby are from Alabama. It's a tag-team.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.