Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Merchant's Row Reviews « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2341
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend recently recommended Merchant's Row for our live/work space. For my purpose the prices are comparable to my other options. However, I am finding/hearing nothing but how horrible they are. The Lofts @ Woodward Center aren't much better. Does anyone live there? Are the poor reviews true?

Example; http://www.apartmentratings.co m/rate/MI-Detroit-Lofts-at-Mer chants-Row.html

Any input is appreciated.

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 650
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 7:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you want honest real reviews on how people feel about an apartment community DO NOT count on apartmentratings.com. This website has become nothing but a site for unhappy residents (many who may have been evicted and are just bitter) to post their rants. I see it first hand working in property management.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1874
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know people who live Lofts@Woodward and are very happy. Same thing with the Kales building, the Millender Center and what was Trolley Plaza.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 5502
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

57% is a pretty good outcome for that website.

Indeed, people with a bad experience are most likely to show up there.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1401
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know mroe than a few folks that live at Merchants. None of them have any complaints.

Bigd
Username: Bigd

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love living there. It's a bit pricy, but you get what you pay for.

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 783
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel like I have never seen a well rated building at apartmentratings.com. I think it becomes a sounding board for people who are disgruntled for whatever reason. And also for those who don't like a specific place (read city or neighborhood) period.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmm... as of 11:30 on friday, apartmentratings.com seems to be down... shucks.. wanted to see if my building was in there...

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6499
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There board is just like any on these larger public sites. If any of you bother to read the forums of newspapers such as Free Press, you'll see that people apply to these forums specifically to troll. At least on these type of board, I'd advise any that haven't learned yet that you can't form any kind of good opinion from them. These are folks that find pleasure in pain and misery, period. There is nothing constructive about the criticism almost all of the time.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 760
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Their

Sparty06
Username: Sparty06

Post Number: 113
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it safe to let a dog out a night (10 p.m. or later) for a single female in the alley behind the Lofts of Merchant Row? Do people ever worry that someone from Capitol Park will wander into the alley looking for an easy target?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6506
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 4:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The kind of dog do you have may help in answering that question. :-)

Sparty06
Username: Sparty06

Post Number: 116
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 5:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan,
Not a large guard dog. I often work late and worry about what I would do with my dog if I lived in the downtown area and needed to let it out late at night (which is almost guaranteed to happen).

Umtim
Username: Umtim

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 7:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We've Lived in Merchant's row for 10 mo. It is about 1/2 way between the wings game and the Tigers game so I like the location. Got a good view of the parade.
Management is solid. They maintainance staff and housekeepers do a good job of keeping the place clean and working. I like the layout of our place. Cost about $1/sqft/mo. Parking is in a garage with elevator by valet service. Costs extra to park a car but they are a good group and I think car security is good also.
They have shuttle on Saturday to eastern market and a bunch organize a happy hour on fri eve.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9346
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've worked with their management, and they were great people. At least the ones I talked to.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2349
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everybody!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.