Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit Computing Center « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hunchentoot
Username: Hunchentoot

Post Number: 115
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's built like a fortress and it's hard to tell which one is the building and which one is the parking garage. Must admit that the clock is cool, though.

What goes on in there?

(I'm referring to the building at Michigan and The Lodge across from MGM)

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2348
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IRS?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1256
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be it

Hunchentoot
Username: Hunchentoot

Post Number: 116
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, that's kind of a disappointing answer. Can't it be some kind of... top-secret, like... science... thing? Like with robots?

Marshall
Username: Marshall

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My guess from being in the business is that it contains their "hardened" data center (physical racks of servers, switches, and supporting infrastructure like standby power, cooling, and fire suppression systems.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6507
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that floors 6-8 (which can be distinguished from the rest of the floors from the outside) are the physical computing and data center. The rest of the tower is office space, I believe.

Walsh Group profile

(Message edited by lmichigan on December 06, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.