Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » "Hey,hey,my,my Detroit City will never die" « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 440
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone catch the Neil Young show at the Palace??

Littlem
Username: Littlem

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes. I thought both Neil Young and Wilco were fantastic.

The "Detroit City will never die" line was well-placed near the beginning of the show. Same with him continually yelling "Motor City" during Rockin' in the Free World.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it with Crazy Horse? What music did he play? I saw him a few years ago and he played his entire new album from start to finish and had actors doing skits on every song.

Littlem
Username: Littlem

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was not with Crazy Horse, but it was a full-on electric, Crazy Horse-esque show. Cutting and pasting from another website, the setlist was as follows:

Love And Only Love
Hey Hey, My My
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Powderfinger
Spirit Road
Cortez The Killer
Cinnamon Girl
Oh, Lonesome Me
Mother Earth
The Needle And The Damage Done
Light A Candle
Unknown Legend *
Heart Of Gold
Old Man
Get Back To The Country
Just Singing A Song
Sea Change
Fuel Line
When Worlds Collide
Cowgirl In The Sand
Rockin' In The Free World
---
A Day In The Life (Beatles cover)

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Littlem...that is so awesome; must have been a mondo-terrific show.
Neil Young is my all-time favorite!

(Message edited by chuckjav on December 08, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.