Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Freemarket in Capitol Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ourneighbors
Username: Ourneighbors

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Evening All,

I've been reading the forums for quite some time now and finally joined. This is a wonderful resource.

I wanted to let you all know that there is going to be a Freemarket in Capitol Park [between Grand River & State St. on Griswold] on January 18th.

We'll be starting at 1pm and going until dusk.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Freemarket, it is a community get-together where everyone brings everything they no longer want or need and takes everything that they do want or need! This includes appliances, clothes, books, trinkets and doodads.

There will be live music--though feel free to bring your own instruments and free food pot-luck style.

Hope to see you [and your friends] there and please, spread the word!

This fall we were able to provide many coats and warm clothes for many folks in need, we hope to do even better this winter.

Thanks!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9767
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell, Capitol Park is always a "freemarket". (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

Seriously, I wish you great success and hope I'll be able to check it out.

Margdar
Username: Margdar

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Citizens of Capitol Park unite!

Jackpot
Username: Jackpot

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how 'bout residents of capitol park! ;)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.