Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Just talked to the cops a few minutes ago. » Archive through June 09, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^ good one. yes, I began to crack up to myself today thinking about what "intelligence quotient" really meant. I am shameless. well, once upon a time way back when, I recall several episodes of neighbor versus neighbor, and in each case... each and every one was settled buy a shotgun. no shots actually fired, mind you. do you know any true lunatics? ah, the tales. you need a real nut-case, buddy. I don't sell out my friends so you are kinda sucking wind on my amicable behalf. yet still... try the olive branch approach. as a wise man never said, "when in rome, do as the romans do" right? nobody actually ever said that, did they? perhaps google that phrase and see what comes up. hopefully you can enjoy this wonderful summer-like weather with yo neighbor. and speaking of....

{edit} wait a second! he has a .38 caliber? that's like a bee bee gun! oh man! you're ok. just don't take one to the head. confront that bastard!

(Message edited by ggores on June 07, 2008)

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 825
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

doest look like a bb gun when hes tappin it on my noggin, LOL.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 273
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez, Barnesfoto, that really sucks. Hope you took a picture of the house before it went up.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 6534
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Devils Night used to be the perfect time for dealing with these malcontents like "Hank" and their shacks, ahh the good old days. Urban renewal, the Detroit way!

(Message edited by perfectgentleman on June 07, 2008)

Eastsidedame

Post Number: 274
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make that the OLD Detroit way. Frankly we need money.

Detroit should establish Municipal Salvage Yards, using the Federal help McCain is proposing. We need to confiscate property from people with ruined, dangerous buildings as a public nuisance or for non-payment of taxes.

Then, demolish and save the scrap materials to be sorted and organized by a Detroit Conservation Corps, like the old Roosevelt programs during the depression. When people are involved in their own healing it's much more meaningful. Plus they're less likely to let it go to seed again.

Then...sell The salvaged materials, and get the people's money back any way we can. Antique bricks are very valuable. New Orleans needs them bad! A lot of their old buildings were literally washed into the Gulf. They have nothing suitable with which they can repair their old buildings...but we do.

Buildings of architectural significance would be saved and moved, or incorporated into new development wherever possible.

We could also use the DCC to plant trees because, frankly, I've seen places in West Texas with more trees than what's there now. We need at least a million trees. Silver Maples grow from seedlings like weeds. Have you ever thought of cherry or apple trees blooming in the city? Like DC, kinda of.

Oh, yeah, if you're not working, going to school or taking care of kids, you're in the DCC. Do 8-10 hours of physical labor, you'll be too tired to burn anything but dinner. Zzzzzz!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 308
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

curling iron

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4137
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

We could also use the DCC to plant trees because, frankly, I've seen places in West Texas with more trees than what's there now. We need at least a million trees. Silver Maples grow from seedlings like weeds. Have you ever thought of cherry or apple trees blooming in the city? Like DC, kinda of.

This group is working on that already:

http://www.greeningofdetroit.c om/6_0_our_mission.php

Django

Post Number: 830
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pg, Im the one with the shack. It definitely needs work.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 6542
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, you may be the one with the shack but it sounds like you plan on getting it into shape and are a responsible citizen, exactly what Detroit needs.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got it! Buy him a book gift. The wor dis mighty as the sword!

http://www.spectrepublishing.c om/WARPATH-Dustjacket.html

Django

Post Number: 832
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im tryin, Thanks

I love my little shack, Its all I need, besides a new roof. LOL

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, cops respond to crime, NOT prevent crime. That's why YOU need a heater.

Django

Post Number: 837
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I have one. I live in Detroit.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2335
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So many of you are urging poor Django to blow a few holes in this maniac. For one thing, it is evident that Django doesn't really want to kill him, or anybody else. For another thing, it is easy to be flippant and macho about it, like this is Dodge City or something, and it's just a simple matter of load, aim, fire, and that's that. Betcha the cops come by, after that... to haul away Django.
I agree that assholes like this guy usually wind up eliminating themselves, so to speak, in one way or another. But in the meantime, I think the idea of repeatedly videotaping this obnoxious troglodyte making a spectacle, nuisance, and public hazard out of himself, and personally delivering it to one of the TV stations that carries one of those we-got-action features, is a pretty good plan. They probably would ask if Django has called the cops, and it would be good if Django can prove that he has done so, but I'm not sure how he could go about that.
Django, I'm a Detroiter, and I have had some disturbing-- and disturbed-- neighbors, but I've been fortunate in that I've not had any situation quite like the one you have described. At any rate, I am sorry to hear about your troubles, and I hope the matter is soon resolved, preferably without any involvement on your part.

Django

Post Number: 846
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, you nailed it on the second and third sentence. Thank you.
I live down here, you got to expect some shit to happen sometimes. You just have to be smarter than the ding dings.

I havnt seen "hank" in probably 5 days now. I wish I had his last name so I could find out if hes locked up.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 5139
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Ravine for your spot on deflation of all the armchair Charles Bronsons.
The making of videos never hurts, but as noted above, discretion is advised.

Django, I'd predict that "Hank" will be out in a few days, will torment you a bit more, then will at some wonderful point disappear for a long time.
Django's problem is that he does not have many neighbors to back him up (I've figured out who Django is, Detroit is the biggest small town in the world) so the old Southwest Solution of neighbors getting together and demolishing the evildoers house (perforate some of the main supports with a portable sawzall, then chain a pickup truck to it and accelerate) while he's away is not practical either. There's the option of putting an ad on Craigslist (House being demoed, please come and take what you want!) is traceable, and might result in innocent people being harmed.
If Hank comes back, I would just keep a low profile for a while; given his lifestyle, he is not likely to spend his golden years across from you, Django.

Eastsidedame

Post Number: 288
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wackadoos are everywhere. A Detroit address doesn't necessarily make you a magnet. How it's handled makes all the difference.

If this was taking place in Grosse Pointe, it would play out much different. But you seem like a smart enough guy to compensate. And you don't have to be a witness, the camera does that for you. I'm a firm believer in video security.

It also helps to use key phrases when you call 911, like "man with a gun" and "kids in the area". They're trained to listen for those to determine the seriousness of the situation.

The authorities LOVE VIDEO. It's hard for even the most brain-dead cop to deny what he sees with his own eyes. And DAs love irrefutable evidence. Don't worry about who Hank is; that's the cops problem...and they'll have the video to work from.

Just be prepared and diligent, and this will be resolved both peacefully and permanently.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 146
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The making of videos hurts like hell when the guy you are taking movies of is angry, drunk or stoned, and armed with something more lethal than a video camera.
I'm not an "armchair Bronson," I'm a realist..one does not confront deadly force with a video camera.

Ravine

Post Number: 2339
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nobody suggested that Django should stand in the guy's driveway and train a camera on him!

Eastsidedame

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's why you do it from inside your house.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 147
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, you're suggesting that he do it on the sly..ask yourself this:
If someone who acts like "Hank" were to discover they were being recorded, how do ya suppose they'd react?

Eastsidedame

Post Number: 294
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't let him discover it. Get in between the curtains, stick out the lens and start filming.

Detroiters are FAMOUS for doing things on the sly. Prohibition, tearing down buildings in the middle of the night, kickbacks, text messages...you name it!

You got any better ideas?

Django

Post Number: 848
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh man Im crackin up. Like Im gonna walk up to ding dong with my camera goin. LOL.

Barnes made my day though. Thats the funniest thing Ive read in a while. Thank you.
Im rollin.

"while he's away is not practical either"
ROTFLMAO

Django

Post Number: 849
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay look guys, Im not stepping outside my doorway with my gun. If he comes in my house with his, thats another story.

Its easy enough to video on the sly. I dont have the equipment to video 24-7. I hear shit go down, I can get it on tape.

This threads a party.

Django

Post Number: 850
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"There's the option of putting an ad on Craigslist (House being demoed, please come and take what you want!)"

Im still rollin

Ravine

Post Number: 2341
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I give up. Since it appears that videotaping him would require a fucking major effort-- besides, with union scale being so pricey, who can afford to hire the best boy and the key grip-- and possibly expose the already hideously terrorized Django to even greater danger, I say screw it, maybe shooting the guy's ass off is the way to go, after all, and then Django can haul the carcass down to the Forest Arms to feed that damned Russian Blue or whatever the fuck it is cat, thereby giving closure to a couple of threads at once and we can all get some goddam sleep.

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 124
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just make sure the Craigslist posting has the warning to come packing!

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 692
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 3:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine... I only sleep when I have time. Life is to short to sleep away.

Django said he wasn't leaving. I loved that response. Just be a victim and move? It's so sad that many people give in to becoming victims. At the same time do not sink to their level. Murder is never the answer! Ever! Bottom line! You have to know how you'll react before hand. Tell yourself you will do your best to not let it come to that when entering a situation.

I really have nothing more to add. I do want to post a quick quote though. Not sure who it's by. It is relevant to many criminals though.

"They win until they lose".

Django

Post Number: 853
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, Im not sure what to make of your last post. Im TOTALLY DOWN with video taping this dick. I just thought it funny that ZRX would think Id be stupid enough to let dick see me with a camera.

Im not hideously terrorized Ravine, Its pretty much all good in the hood. I havnt seen hank in days. When I first posted, I was pissed, I never thought it would turn into a journey like this. I find it pretty funny, some of the responses and all. And I totally appreciate everyones advice. I do kind of laugh at the "Armchair Bronson Effect".

Eastsidedame

Post Number: 295
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 5:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coffee!! You can sleep when you're dead!