Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » FREE Tickets to DSO's 8 Days in June Music Festival « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Riblovesdetroit
Username: Riblovesdetroit

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI

Call the DSO Box Office at 313.576.5111 and mention '8 Great Days' anytime this week to get your free ticket to a Detroit Symphony Orchestra 8 Days in June concert this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or closing night Saturday. Fun and Casual. Get more information about the events at www.8DaysInJune.com . Feel free to forward this incredible deal to your organization, clients, family and friends.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks RIB!

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be attending Fridays, "Chaos and Order".
Cant wait for the summer series at Meadowbrook. Nothing beats sitting in the pavilion drinking a big draft beer with another waiting under your seat, listening to the DSO. Sometimes I cant keep from conducting in my seat.
Thanks Riblovesdetroit for your support.
Anybody out there who has never heard the DSO at Symphony Hall, go, It might change your prespective on music.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 537
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Friday's opening night. Mozart's Jupiter Symphony and Gustav Holst's "Planets." Amazing.

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 454
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Totally a Dumb question

but who plays at Orchestra Place

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 142
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Orchestra Place ? Try Orchestra Hall! Never heard of Orchestra place.

I agree with Kemp, nothing beats a summer evening at Meadowbrook listening to the DSO. Last time I was there, I heard Karl Pituch (Principal Horn) play Mozart's 4th Horn Concerto. Karl did a masterful job, as he usually does. Dr. Lowell Greer, (former Asst. Principal Horn, also former Professor of Horn at the University of Michigan) said personally to me and to fellow poster Hornwrecker, that Karl was spawned from the mind of Zeus...High Praise from Lowell Greer...

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Orchestra Place is an office building across the street from Orchestra Hall... for the use, I believe, of members of the orchestra!

Not sure who plays there, probably DSO members' kids in the hall while mom and dad are trying to get paperwork done....except UofM has a small facility in there.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 7035
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit Medical Center also has their HQ in the Orchestra Place Office Building.

Gingellgirl
Username: Gingellgirl

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the tip, RIB.
We enjoyed Saturday's performance.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.