Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Riverfront Tower 300 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Snake_anthony
Username: Snake_anthony

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wife and I put a deposit on a condo in Riverfront Tower 300 yesterday.

Does anybody here who lives there have anything negative or positive to say about it? I think we have 9 days to back out for any reason- are there any reasons you all have run into?

Just moved back to the metro area after four years away. Good to meet you all!

Riley484
Username: Riley484

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there once visiting friends. It seemed nice. Great views. They had no complaints that I know of. It's connected to the JLA People Mover stop.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a cousin of mine has a condo in one of the towers as an investment/second home. Makes a killing during big events like Super Bowl / NCAA tournaments by renting it out, and has had no problems with management

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At times the elevators are really slow. You will have leave your unit a little early, especially around work hours, or evenings.

The reason I know is that a friend used to live in one of the larger-units (the ones with two kitchens,etc,facing the river, on a high floor) and he now lives on W. Boston Blvd.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on June 22, 2008)

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 132
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been considering moving there for a while now! How much are they going for now? I love it there, everything I need and then some without getting in my car.

Snake_anthony
Username: Snake_anthony

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are pretty much down to lower-floor units remaining.

We are getting a 2-br, 2 bath ~1000 sq ft unit on the between the 10th and 15th floor for right around 200,000.

Other units we looked at were a 1200 sqft 5th floor unit with an obstructed view for 184,600; a unit similar to ours on the 20th floor for 220,000; an 1100 sqft unit across the hall from the other 5th floor unit for 192,000. Evidently there are several 1-bd units available as well, but we weren't looking for one.

Yeah, it seemed to be a pretty handy location. Work is only 3 miles away, which should be nice as far as gas, and more importantly, commute time goes.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 672
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great to hear! Congrats on the new pad. I've always loved those towers.

<313>

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.