Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Lego Model of David Stott Building « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 980
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stumbled across this site by accident doing a Google search for something else. If this has been posted before, I apologize. This is the first time I have seen it.

Very kewl! I thought some of you would like it.

Link: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.ph p/18219

Aoife
Username: Aoife

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is so cool- thanks for posting!

Richie
Username: Richie

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last year when the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) had its convention at Cobo there was a fantastic lego display with gigantic models of a number of Detroit skyscrapers and a few other landmarks but together by a local Lego club. Impressive is an understatement. They were so tall I was told they were a one shot display because there was no where else they could assemble them. Sad too, the detail was amazing.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LEGOs are timeless toys!

Our 20-year-old son has no intention of parting with his extensive LEGO collection. My 45-year-old twin brothers also still cherish their LEGOs, and my sister-in-law recently sold her brother's LEGOs for $75 on craigslist.

DUPLOs are often our first choice of a gift to welcome a new baby.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 618
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our own forumer, Gistok, is the lego king and has posted here often about the things his club builds. Do a search on his name to find previous posts on this and others that he has made here over the years.

Paging Gistok....

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the Stott building occupied? It's a very beautiful building.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1785
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After this was posted last year... we all learned that it's LEGO not LEGOS lol....

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes! I think there is a reminder about proper naming on the LEGO web site. It is LEGO bricks, not LEGOs. Just like it is "I work at Ford", not "I work at Ford's".

(I have said more than once, "I'm going to Meijer's".)

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 985
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a Michigan thing.

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 193
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought of Gistok, could this possibly be his work?

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, seriously, how on EARTH can someone do something THIS accurate and THIS cool?!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.ph p/36760

Hell, this makes ME want to try. That is insane!

The Fisher Building is equally as impressive just by size alone:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.ph p/7705

How much in LEGO is in that thing? Aren't they incredibly expensive? That is just so flippin' cool!

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 459
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim Garrett is the modeler who does Detroit Buildings and is a member of MichLUG the Michigan Lego User Group. He's made some pretty outstanding buildings. I believe he had said that each building costs between $500 and $2000 to build. They contain thousands of parts and have a mish mash of internal structure to keep them from imploding.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi- bin/gallery.cgi?m=DecoJim

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 290
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In ONE word, IMPRESSIVE!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.