Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Two theories about the fire in the CAY building « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. It wasn't caused by a lightning strike, it happened when the paper shredder in the mayor's office overheated.
2. FBI wire taps recorded the following from Kwame's office phone just before the fire broke out:
"And may God strike me down if I'm lying..."

Both tongue in cheek, or course. :-)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7448
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3. Hell didn't want to wait any longer, so it came to them.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4. The lightning resulted from a low-pressure meteorological event that originated from Monica Conyers' lungs.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 594
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5. Last friday, Barbara Rose-Collins was wearing corduroy pants. Upon hearing that there was a half box of Dunkin Donut crullers left over from the morning meeting in the conference room, she sprinted towards the jackpot. The friction resulting from the sudden movements showered sparks all over Martha Reeve's frilly purple feather boa. Next thing you know, ol' Jed's a millionaire.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7454
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You had me laughing by the first sentence, KD.

Lostlegumes
Username: Lostlegumes

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were testing out Monica Conyers' new city council chair.

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys are funny.

But my thinking was the same as Eastsidechris, either the shredding in Kwame's office, or them needing time to sweep the building for FBI bugs.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 272
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another "Power Trip" at the CAY Building.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 749
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kid_dynamite's reason #5 is it!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 362
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BRC could have used one of these 'inner thigh protector garments'--I wonder if it comes in fire-proof?
http://www.patentstorm.us/pate nts/6079050/description.html

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2892
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think somebody just opened a can of whoop ass, and maybe forgot to put the top back on when they were done with it.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6084
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, since Coleman Young is blamed for everything short of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, I'd conjecture Coleman Young's ghost was responsible.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 266
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday was a sunny day in Detroit. Barbara Rose-Collins was wearing her birthday tiara because it was Friday and it felt good. The incoming light tho' was too strong and was refracted and intensified through the jewels on the tiara, which acted like lasers, starting fires here, there, everywhere. Mayor Kilpatrick happened to be passing her office when he saw the flashing of light and flames. He rushed in, snatched the tiara from BRC's head and carried her out of the room. It was like a scene from a Hollywood movie. When BRC calmed down, she asked the Mayor if there was anything she could do to show her appreciation. The Mayor held up the tiara and told her, "These jewels on this tiara nearly killed you. Help me rid Detroit of it's jewels so we can, together, save our City". That's how and why BRC changed her vote on the tunnel deal.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.