Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » AJ's Cafe « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 843
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Formerly XHEDOS. The location of the infamous Danny boy song marathon. Ever check the place out? I hang out for the free wi-fi. Decent eats.Highly recomended is the chocolate-banana vegan smoothie-shake. huge selection on the menu.Singing and relaxing. Comfortable furniture to lounge about upon.
Hop on stage,play some music and sing a song.
Some friendly advice: don't bring food in from another establishment, the owner understandably takes offense and becomes highly agitated and indignified. Hes a real down to earth guy.Interacts very well with the customers.Gets to know us by name.Come as you are. Have fun.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 675
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where is it??

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7471
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can second for AJ's. Located on 9 mile in downtown Ferndale, just West of Woodward. The owner seems to have a very creative and good business sense.

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 248
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I like it. Fun place to hang out, work, grab a veggie sandwich, hear the overheated but sincere open-mike performers.

Screamingfit
Username: Screamingfit

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Xhedos had a certain vibe that was lost once AJ took over. Wish him well with his business and all but I couldn't stand it more than once.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.