Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Phony Degrees & Our Local Government « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1948
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw this on the Chicago Tribune website and began to wonder how many CoD employees, government employees, etc have phony degrees. I was reading that the intent of the sting was to bust the degree mill operators and they uncovered many police officers, fire fighters, city workers, military personnel, teachers government workers and private sectors had all benefited from this scheme.

http://tinyurl.com/phonydegree s
http://tinyurl.com/CPSinspecto r

With Kwame and all his minions in office, I am sure if we did a scrubbing of our local government it would be quite entertaining.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11974
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why fake one if it isn't required. I doubt KK and his people required degrees for their friends

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1949
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think that those under KK like you said need one, lol.

What about the other levels of government?

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 172
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's more likely members of KK's krew faked their GED certificates.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ROTF^ Low but likely.

Pete
Username: Pete

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A GED obviously wasn't required for Ajene CHEEKS Evans to get his job with the city. Hell, a GED may be all that's required to be a State Rep if he wins tonight. Not to mention that he just got his GED two weeks ago.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 468
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GED - Good Enough Diploma

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wait wait wait...this fool just got his GED two weeks ago?

I know for a fact the requirements for Director of City Neighborhood requires a Bach

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1954
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Kwame Rules are in order, nothing else matters.

Soomka1
Username: Soomka1

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had an terrible C.I.O. (computer guy) at our company in the 90's. He was incompetent and also tried to intimidate anyone who complained about the poor performance of his department. One day our company newsletter had a feature on the guy and it said he earned his Bachelors and Masters at "American State University". That sounded fishy and we looked it up and found out it was a diploma mill. I asked my boss if he would give me a raise if I "earned" a PhD in the next three weeks. The C.I.O. decided to resign to spend more time with his family.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1966
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

American State University just sounds like a fake college.

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lot of higher rank cops earned their law degrees on city time.

Some got caught, some didn't, like Amos Williams, William Ford just a few that I will mention. These employees had a lot of seniority way before Kwame got elected.

So the Kwame administration followed suit, just business as usual, except, get the appointment first and six figure salary, then go to school on City time.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 154
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a college prof who once told us a story about an executive he worked under at Ford Motor Co. (whose name he wouldn't reveal) who managed to work his way up through Ford's design department all the way to executive level over a 30 year career after initially being hired right out of U of M's College of Engineering.

Only problem was, the guy's degree from Michigan was actually in Forestry and not engineering as he indicated on his resume. After this was discovered, the company apparently retained the executive but forced him to agree to a significant pay cut in order to keep his job and also agree to confidentiality to avoid any public embarrassment to the company.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.