Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » T-PLEX open every Saturday in August! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 247
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure if Lowell will chastise me for advertising, but the T-PLEX is open every Saturday in August.

Tours are $10.00. The T-PLEX opens at 10:00 AM. First tour is at 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there!

Sorry in advance, Lowell.

Mackcreative
Username: Mackcreative

Post Number: 259
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What and where is the T-Plex?

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

T-Rex is playing every Saturday somewhere? Whoa. I definitely needta get off-line.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://i205.photobucket.com/al bums/bb193/Peromyscus/Rock%20P ics/1cc5380a.jpg

Those glam days sure were a trip weren't they?

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Henry Ford's first factory. The birthplace of the Model T.

Model T Automotive Heritage Complex, Inc.
(T-PLEX)
461 Piquette Avenue, Detroit, Michigan 48202

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And here I thought they were talking about the Trumbull Plex. :-)

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

;-) Silly Wabbit.

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4934
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No apologies required. I am a long time supporter of the wonderful T-plex project, starting from its first appearance this site's original Fabulous Ruins of Detroits https://www.detroityes.com/industry /06fordpiq.htm. Please feel free to promote it and its activities here.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 522
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope i can make it, Too bad i found this site pretty much after the kid got out of juvy.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 255
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Lowell. Have you taken the tour? As far as I'm concerned, that place is hallowed ground.

Reddog, I'll be there Saturday. Introduce yourself as Reddog. I hope you make it too!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2973
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been through T-Plex numerous times, and it is always a thrill!!

Learn all about T-Plex here: http://www.tplex.org/

From a flyer I received on their schedule:

SEE THE BIRTHPLACE OF THE MODEL T

THE HISTORIC FORD PIQUETTE AVENUE PLANT

IN CELEBRATION OF THE CENTENNIAL OF THE MODEL T & THE YEAR OF THE CAR HOURS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED.

10 AM -- 4 PM
1ST & 3RD SATURDAYS
MAY through OCTOBER

PLUS May 10, August 9, 23, 30 & September 13, 27

ADMISSION $10.00; under age 17 are free

461 Piquette Avenue at Beaubien, Detroit, MI 48202

Tours by appointment for groups of ten or more are welcome. This significant automotive history site is available for meetings & parties. To schedule a tour or plan an event contact:
313-872-8759 or info@tplex.org. For a map and more information, visit www.tplex.org.

See where the Model T was designed and the first Tin Lizzies were built, learn how cars were made before the advent of the moving assembly line, walk the same floors as Henry Ford, Horace and John Dodge , James Couzens, Walter Flanders and other automotive pioneers. Located in the Milwaukee Junction area – the cradle of the early automobile industry in Detroit - the Piquette Avenue Plant is the first building built and owned by the Ford Motor Company. Between 1904 and 1910, Ford assembled eight different models at Piquette, set the record for car production, became the country’s largest manufacturer of automobiles and developed some of the basic ideas later incorporated in the moving assembly line for mass producing Model Ts. The Plant is the only early auto factory in Detroit open to the public and is on the National Register of Historic Places, and is a State Historic Site, a City Historic District and a National Historic Landmark.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 261
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, they're beginning to open more than just the first and third Saturdays. It's becoming quite an attraction (YES! Here is the updated schedule:

2008 Visitor Schedule

August
Saturday, August 2; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 9; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 16; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 23; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 30; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

September
Saturday, September 6; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 13; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 20; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 27; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

October
Saturday, October 1; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 4; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 18; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 262
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great plug, Kathleen! Thanks a million!

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 335
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bumpity-bump-bump-bump!

Saturday, August 16; 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 428
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IN CELEBRATION OF THE CENTENNIAL OF THE MODEL T & THE YEAR OF THE CAR HOURS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED.

Tours by appointment for groups of ten or more are welcome. This significant automotive history site is available for meetings & parties. To schedule a tour or plan an event contact:
313-872-8759 or info@tplex.org. For a map and more information, visit www.tplex.org.

See where the Model T was designed and the first Tin Lizzies were built, learn how cars were made before the advent of the moving assembly line, walk the same floors as Henry Ford, Horace and John Dodge , James Couzens, Walter Flanders and other automotive pioneers. Located in the Milwaukee Junction area – the cradle of the early automobile industry in Detroit - the Piquette Avenue Plant is the first building built and owned by the Ford Motor Company. Between 1904 and 1910, Ford assembled eight different models at Piquette, set the record for car production, became the country’s largest manufacturer of automobiles and developed some of the basic ideas later incorporated in the moving assembly line for mass producing Model Ts. The Plant is the only early auto factory in Detroit open to the public and is on the National Register of Historic Places, and is a State Historic Site, a City Historic District and a National Historic Landmark.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 307
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Far out! Thin Lizz... oh wait, it's "Tin" Lizzie.

Supercool, just thought I'd give this one a lil' bump.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Ggores... ;-)

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 475
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BUMP!

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1791
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the old girl is getting a face lift.

http://www.detroitfunk.com/200 8/08/model_t_plant_facade.html

Williamsfamilyfungi
Username: Williamsfamilyfungi

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At first I thought this was a scheme for the Trumbull Plex kids to get beer money...

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 337
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it was the Trumbull Plex also....

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.