Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Granholm Medical Records/Privacy Breach « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

News950
Username: News950

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So no one thinks it's some sort of 'bot' posting links to our webpage, here are two links to the story. We only post stuff we think you will find interesting.

Personally, I think you guys are a hoot. This group is very informing, interesting, and entertaining.

http://www.wwj.com/pages/27406 67.php?

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080806/NEWS06/ 308060008&GID=0

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3052
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

medical "privacy" is a joke. just check out some medical "professionals" blogs out there. they think all your misery is the funniest shit that ever happened.

The WWJ bot has no opinion of his post ?

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 318
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Disappointing to hear, but not suprising.
Didn't the same thing happen to Britney Spears after her suicide attempt? I suppose the big difference would be the LA hospital workers were probably digging around after the promise of being paid by the paparazzi. The folks in Lansing were probably just plain nosey.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mauser765, what medical professionals have blogs?i'd like to read what they say. in the medical/health field, many workers have been working their jobs for decades,some don't even have degrees for their jobs because back when they started out a degree wasn't needed.i don't think some of them follow the 'newer' rules as much. also some of the younger people,may not take the privacy issue seriously.

News950
Username: News950

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The WWJ bot doesn't think it would be appropriate to express an opinion, as his/her job demands objectivity.

Wanderinglady
Username: Wanderinglady

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a big to-do in L.A. about medical workers looking at celebrities' records. Some were leaked to the tabloids. A former UCLA Medical Center employee is under federal indictment.

http://www.latimes.com/news/sc ience/la-me-health5-2008aug05, 0,5856834.story?track=rss

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.