Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Death notice « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 178
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jrvass has passed away...

age 46...

http://www.detroitnewspapers.c om/deathnotices/viewnotice.cfm ?id=190760

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2876
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-(

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8030
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jrvass and bobj in one week. And both far too young.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2975
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How sad...we've now lost two Forumers in a week...both way too young!

Thanks for letting us know, Ltdave. I knew jrvass only from his posts. God rest his soul. Condolences to his family. RIP.

(For those that don't go into the Connections page, we lost bobj last weekend: https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/10041/150005.html?121805 6225)

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 7196
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It truly is sad... we've lost Itsjeff, Psip, Bobj and now Jrvass...

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 179
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i only knew him from his posts here and another forum we frequented...

that and he sold me some kitty cat tickets last year when he couldnt make the games...

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1575
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-(

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to hear this news, also I didnt know Bobj had passed away. Thank you for the info on both.
Also my Condolences to both Jrvass and Bobj's family and friends.
They were both good members here and will be missed.

Lferg
Username: Lferg

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RIP James.

I will always remember his kindness and concern when my Uncle died.

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 215
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh my..both too young

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2635
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. So young.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will miss their posts...rest in peace, Bobj and JRvass....

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helps makes you realize what the important stuff is.

I didn't know either of the men, but I enjoyed their contributions greatly.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 404
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

been a rough year for the forum. Kind of reinforces the need for a yearly doctor visit for your physical exam.

Dtctygrl
Username: Dtctygrl

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm shocked about Jim's death. I was working on some of his family genealogy for him after we began a discussion on another thread.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 5238
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad-- we've lost some good forumers. RIP Jrvass and condolences to friends/family who see this forum.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 523
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They will be missed. Rest peacefully

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1412
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip died? Oh no. :-(
I missed that sad news.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My condolences and prayers to the family and friends of the recently deceased. For the rest of us, and I don't usually do this but it seems the time, let me say this.

The Professor is roughly the same age as these unfortunate former forumers. In the last three years, I have had some health scares of my own, and it isn't more serious because I spent time (quite a bit) dealing with doctors and pharmacists. I have a good friend, just over 50, who is dying of cancer and who might be in a much better position (longevity wise) if she had got it detected sooner.

The medical system we have, flawed as it may be, is capable of keeping us alive for a reasonably long time, but only if we subject ourselves to examinations and testing, and pay attention to what the doctors and druggists say. I was almost killed by asthma of all things; untreated asthma can be deadly, despite what some say. I am also now treated for hypertension and high cholesterol. I don't like any of this, but I have three young daughters and a wife, and would prefer to stick around a bit longer if I can manage it.

I hope my fellow forumers will take their health at least moderately seriously, especially those of us in the throes of middle age or beyond, and spend a bit of time and money letting doctors poke around. As unpleasant as that may be, it is far less unpleasant than to have our own ended lives discussed at too early an age in such forums as this.

Eternal rest will eventually be granted to all of us by our Lord, but I see no reason to hurry it along. Get yourself checked up, and follow your doctor's advice at least somewhat.

I have found some good brandy in the bar, and will now raise a toast to Bobj, Jrvass and Psip, and I hope some of you will join me. I see a prayer has already been posted, in the proper Latin (the Prof is Roman Catholic), so I can't add anything to that. Salud!

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 480
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RIP fellow forumer.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 5239
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice post, Professor. We can't be losing the lovers of this city who post here-- they are precious few.

'Requiescat in pace' to all our deceased contributors and Detroit lovers. May they inspire us to do what we can while we can.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 407
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To add to the Proff's post, it's not only the middle aged and older who need to get poked and prodded once in a while. I found out a year or so ago that I had very high cholesterol levels. Now at age 26, I'm one of the many folks who have to watch what they eat and take meds (in this case generic Zocor). If it wasn't for getting my first physical exam in about 6 years, I never would have known I was a walking heart attack waiting to happen...

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 3542
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sad ..after posting here for over a year..you can almost say you know our fellow posters ...but never well enough..we recognize their member names...even looking forward to their opinions..even those we really disagree with become real and vulnerable as they show their human sides....these two passings show how precious life is....

RIP: God bless their families

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 61
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 4:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who remember him and his friends and family. Know that even though he left early that he was called and he is with God and in a much better place. He sleeps now for us but, we will see him in the morning of our Lord.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 898
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rest in peace, jrvass. my condolences to his family and friends.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.