Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » The Food Desert « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 445
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This has probably been posted before, so i apologize, but this is a good clip on local initiatives.

http://www.thehollywoodliberal .com/2008/07/10/honeybees-and- squash-in-downtown-detroit-the -return-of-mother-nature/

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I first read the title of this post I rolled my eyes and thought 'not this again!' My mind raced to places such as the independent grocer, Eastern Market and other initiatives.

I was glad that this was a video that showed how people are taking the sows ear and turning it into a silk purse. Thanks for sharing.

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 90
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is this farm? I'd like to visit and see the work they are doing.
Maybe help with some of the farm chores.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 701
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meldrum and Kercheval
one block east of Mt. Elliott

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 91
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Cub, I'll check it out.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.