Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Warner Brothers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Adm70
Username: Adm70

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since WB is looking in the area, any ideas on where they could find space in Detroit?

Cabezon
Username: Cabezon

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of the Detroit residents may know, but Im not sure if there are any empty structures in the city limits that are the same size as the Ford Wixom complex. Anyways, we dont really know what WB's criteria is, so its hard to speculate on what space would work for them. What's the reaction in Oakland county to this development? As I recall, the Novi city council tried to fight Hooters when they moved in. I can't imagine how Wixom will feel about the possibility of hundreds of "Hollywood liberals" taking over the town.

Clark1mt
Username: Clark1mt

Post Number: 148
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 6:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would imagine Wixom would welcome just about anything, with the loss of undoubtedly their largest taxpayer in the Ford plant.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1546
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait!

I missed this one? What are they looking for?

Cabezon
Username: Cabezon

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean, Warner Brothers was in the area scouting for a studio location. They looked at the Ford Plant in Wixom.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I highly doubt the Packard could be made safe structurally but Im not an expert. I would think its to far gone but would love to be proved wrong.

There is a lot of pretty solid structure left North of Grand Blvd. South of Grand is pretty iffy.

(Message edited by django on August 20, 2008)

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3431
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not build it near city airport on the eastside?

Cheap land, they could have private use of the terminals, and it's minutes from any expressway & downtown. :-)

BTW, where's the proof fort this?

(Message edited by DetroitRise on August 20, 2008)

Sirrealone
Username: Sirrealone

Post Number: 210
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Why not build it near city airport on the eastside?

As much as it'd be nice to see this in the city proper, I think that using the Wixom plant would be the next best thing. It would re-use a massive structure that already exists.

Besides, if something like this were to happen, the entire region, including the city proper, would stand to gain. You know there would be business from production companies and other related companies, and there's no reason to think a lot of that won't end up in Detroit.

Whether this ends up inside or outside of the city, this would be a great thing for Detroit and the region.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 3433
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First off, it's brownfield development which is why we're losing more importance from a post office centralized in Detroit. Also it could take years to clean up that land, so we're talking 2025 at the earliest before WB never did build on the Wixon site.

Second, if they were to build the studio in Wixon, I would think cities like Novi or Southfield (Oakland County) will benefit because anyone from the airport can take a 10 - 15 minute ride down I-275 & reach the studio. Oh, and don't forget B-ham & the Bloomfields.

That's haradly benefiting Detroit. I will tell you, anything that supposedly benefits the region almost never affects anything in Detroit.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8299
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would if they filmed a a bunch of off-lot shooting in Detroit. Plus any jobs in the region can benefit Detroit, as it gives people money to spend, and some of them will spend it there.

Sirrealone
Username: Sirrealone

Post Number: 211
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I will tell you, anything that supposedly benefits the region almost never affects anything in Detroit.

I'd really like to think that is the old way of thinking and doesn't have to continue. It's a new industry with new opportunity, and we can start with a fresh clean slate. No offense meant here, but the pessimism that you're falling back on is also part of the old way. I'm going to be optimistic here and think of the possibilities. I can't argue with history and that's on your side, but would you really turn your back on this if it were located outside the city proper? I think that no matter what, such an endeavor would present huge opportunities for the city. From a pure location perspective, the city would be able to offer things that Wixom couldn't no matter where the main studio is situated. I still believe that no if this studio were built in the area, the city and surrounding region all stand to benefit.

quote:

Also it could take years to clean up that land, so we're talking 2025 at the earliest before WB never did build on the Wixon site.

You'd probably run into this same brownfield issue most anywhere that would involve re-development, whether it be Wixom or Detroit. I think we'd all agree that dealing with brownfield issues is preferrable no matter what versus the alternative, which is tearing up a few hundred acres in Holly and calling it a day. Now, that would be a true disappointment.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anything that benefits the region benefits Detroit. Anything that benefits Detroit, benefits the region. Detroit does not end at a line drawn as a political boundary. There is nothing divisive about using an old factory site, no matter where it is located for a project such as this. My Grandmother worked at Lincoln when it was at Warren and Livernois and she worked at Lincoln when it was here. She lived in Detroit her whole life. We cannot move forward if we squabble about these things. Most empty factories in Detroit proper do not have the expanse of high ceilings as this place does.

Look at this as an opportunity to diversify our region's economy, not as an opportunity to screw Detroit.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MEDC Confirmed the Ford Plant Rumor just a few minutes ago on WDET and that it's the one in play.

One shouldn't turn ones back on this project if it's not in the city, as I believe we do need to work together and Detroit isn't the only part of the state that needs help, but the reality is the direct benefit to the city itself will be very minimal, especially that far out.

People who live that far out rarely come to Detroit, except for a Tiger game or something. It'll also draw creatives, as a practical point, into living outside of the city because people go where the work is.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 8302
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know the Animaniacs are pushing for it. That water tower is like 4 times the size of the one they live in right now.

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 405
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Detroit wants a piece of this pie, then maybe it should consider building a facility w/a private developer such as this, sans the bribes and "pay to play" mentality:

http://www.lacenterstudios.com /

Could be a nice lil' development for that area near Cass Park that so many up in here drool over as a Hockey Arena, convention center or 2000 story sky rise or whatever site.

Otherwise, converting a pre-war factory really won't work - too many structural columns. Studios need open space with large floorplates. Not much of that exists in the city.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2882
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As someone who works in the business, I seriously doubt that this will actually happen in Wixom unless the City of Wixom opens up a pipeline of cash into this project. It seems more likely that they're throwing this out there in order to entice other communities to compete more aggressively for a studio facility in their city.

This, of course, also explains why they're putting this out in the news media even when the only thing they have to announce is that they're talking about doing it.

Facilities make their money by renting themselves out to various production companies that are making a movie. This is important because, with the way Michigan's film incentives are written, they entice production companies to film in 1 of 103 core communities.

Wixom, by the way, is not one of these communities. Therefore, a production company that rented this facility would lose tax incentives (i.e., cash) by renting in Wixom instead of in 1 of the other 103 communities - like Detroit.

http://ref.michigan.org/cm/att ach/8E4BFBA6-1AF9-4567-94B5-84 B7DDE7DCC2/CoreComunitiesMap.p df

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 594
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought that vacant plant along i-94 in Ypsilanti was a candidate. - just a rumor -

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek, with due respect, I have to check you on facts on this one.

The statue says that it's a 42% credit in a core community; still a 40% credit in a non-core community. Only a 2% targeting difference between the two. So yes, they'd still get a huge rebate in Wixom, as well as the full 30% on personnel expenditures.

So they would solidly qualify for the exemption in Wixom. The 2% bonus difference is eaten up by the difference in other Detroit taxes and then some, so it's still a net disadvantage for facilities for Detroit as a purely economic equation. The DEGC would probably need to kick in too, to make it work to offset the hight income and property taxes.

Re-read 208.1455 e 2.

(Message edited by digitalvision on August 20, 2008)

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2883
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Digitalvision, with due respect, I have to check you on facts with this one as well.

Detroit is only 1 of the 103 core communities. This means there are 102 communities that aren't Detroit but that have a built in advantage over Wixom.

Ann Arbor, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Ferndale, Mt. Clemens, Pontiac, Southfield, Taylor, Warren, Wayne, Wyandotte and Ypsilanti all have large, vacant industrial buildings; without the economic draw-backs that you mentioned about Detroit. Also, none of them have a reputation for a corrupt or ineffective municipal government.

It is far more likely that a facility will be built in one of those communities that it would be built in Wixom.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 8307
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You need more than a large vacant industrial building. You need buildings with lots of space and few supports in the way. You need space for multiple sets. Basically you need a sprawling and securable campus, which the Wixom plant fits very well.

I am not aware of ANYTHING in Ferndale that matches that description. And I would be the first to boost it if there was. :-)

(Message edited by johnlodge on August 20, 2008)

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2884
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm well aware of what you need for a viable sound stage, having working on several of them. In addition to everything you mentioned, you need an electrical system with lots of amperage, room for lock-ups and other support facilities as well as very high ceilings.

I could have sworn that Ferndale has a few vacant warehouses that could fit the bill. If I'm wrong, there are still 102 other communities with sites that would work for a conversion.

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek - so in short, we're both right.

However, to Johlodge's point, the Wixom Ford plant is 320 acres - that's big - and there are only so many sites if they truly want something THAT big AND contiguous. That's about the size of the GM tech center in Warren (330 acres). Your slots are limited with municipalities that have that.

To give some scale - the Uniroyal Plant site by Belle Isle is 43 acres. Greenfield Village is 80 acres. The entire Wayne State campus is a little over 200.

The wonderful idea with inspiration of the LA facility by RG is only 20 acres - that could fit in somewhere in the city or inburbs.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2885
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's highly doubtful that WB would use all - or even a majority - of the Wixom plant, even if they went there.

To put it in perspective, the Wixom plant is 320 acres. The LA Center that was posted above is only a 20 acre facility. (See page 3 of their marketing brochure @ http://www.lacenterstudios.com /marketing_brochure.pdf.)

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2886
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! You were editing your post to reflect my point as I was typing my point.

What was that about great minds thinking alike?

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd also like to know where this big empty industrial building in Wyandotte is located. The only major industrial complex in Wyandotte is BASF, and as far as I know they're doing pretty well in that city.;)

Clark1mt
Username: Clark1mt

Post Number: 149
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WB could convert the Silverdome into a studio. It's not like anything else is being done with it.

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 359
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnlodge, I literally spit water out when I saw the water tower. Literally.

Brownfield redevelopment? Helloooooo, Nurse!

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 298
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LA Center Studios isn't a good comparison to Wixom- it's the old Union 76 Oil/Unocal HQ-they gutted a bunch of the offices to be soundstages & others to be production offices(sorta what they were doing with the Ambassador Hotel out here before they tore it all down) & will often film the exterior(a hospital in "Constantine"). It shows a real commitment to the area, tho-sorta like what Warners did with Village Roadshow Studios in Australia...

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 677
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think the core community designation is a problem if Wixom is actually on the radar. Nancy Cassis got the tax abatement legislation amended so that the Novi Expo Center was able to get a tax abatement for their new facility. You don't think that she would toss aside her conservative credentials for a minute to line up that designation for Wixom? I don't know how large a site a studio would need but Wixom also has direct freeway access and rail too. It's about 30 minutes to the airport from the Novi/Wixom area if 275 isn't all jammed up.

As for this map, someone at MEDC needs a lesson in geography. They show Oak Park and Southfield in the Novi area and Ann Arbor and Ypsi near the Monroe County line.

http://ref.michigan.org/cm/att ach/8E4BFBA6-1AF9-4567-94B5-84 B7DDE7DCC2/CoreComunitiesMap.p df

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2887
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flyingj:
Whether you want to look at the LA Center, Village Roadshow Studios in Australia or any other studio development, the underlying issue is that you're still only looking at facilities that are approx. 10% of the Wixom plant or less.

Village Roadshow Studios is only 32 acres. http://www.village.com.au/stud ios_services.asp

Novine:
The question of which communities are core communities is set into the statue that created the film incentive in the first place. If Sen. Cassis wanted to amend said statue, she would face a strong, up-hill battle. It would start with the fact that she was the single biggest obstacle to Michigan even having these incentives and would continue on with each of the 103 existing core communities who probably aren't thrilled with having even more competition for this.

Hudkina:
Perhaps I shouldn't have said "large" industrial building because everyone keeps thinking of buildings the size of the Wixom plant or BASF. The Wixom plant is too big and so is BASF, even if it was available.

Thinks of things like a warehouse, school or big box retail store.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7660
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Warner Brothers want to come to Detroit to set up another studio. I'll see to believe it. Detroit, The next Hollywood.

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just had an idea that WOULD make Wixom make a ton of sense. Hear me out, as obviously, they're in talks for the Wixom site.

IF they were to do a combo indoor and outdoor lot, Wixom is perfect. Few if any things in the distance to have to be taken out in post; sound isn't a huge issue; freeway access, and lots of land to set up various scenes.

I know there is a flaw in that as there is well, winter here, but when I was on the outdoor lots in LA/Hollywood they're huge, and if that's what they have in mind, you can eat up 320 acres fast.

If they did a full lot, those suckers are like self-contained cities.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6152
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Warner Bros. looks at Wixom plant for studio

Detroitrise

Post Number: 3439
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jimaz. :-)

Oh, don't forget the ripple effect guys.

If Warner Bros. does come here, the others will be sure to follow (stay away DI.. erm VIACOM).

(Message edited by DetroitRise on August 20, 2008)

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jimaz.

Was able to confirm through another source I have that they in fact want a lot of space and have narrowed down to Oakland County if in Michigan. The article above matches that and so if it comes here it'll be in an outburb.

Good but bummer, too.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6154
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're both welcome.

At the moment I'm looking beyond Warner Brothers at the general interest that has formed. That is very encouraging.

Michigan deserves a break. :-)

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2888
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark my words: no matter how many times this story gets repeated in the news media, the only way WB will build a facility of that magnitude is if they get {ridiculously} large amounts of public subsidies.

The more likely scenario is that they're using this as a way of shaking some local officials elsewhere down for some cash; make Pontiac and the others think that they have to give more than they really do in order to land this one.

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure the public spigot of incentive money will flow for this one, so much so they're going to open a waterpark, and that waterpark is going to flow money out of every fixture. Kids will be able to go swimming in a pool of state money Scrooge McDuck style.

The real story why I think {ridiculously} large amounts will happen is that it's a political goldmine, to even say you have a partial hand in it is priceless for the next campaign.

In the OC, Joe Knollenberg's in a fight, L Brooks has a mini-fight, and if not this term this has such good legs it's good for 2/4 years out when it'll be even tougher, so are others in the establishment - so the money will flow. It's the kind of development the public can directly understand.

p.s. - LOVE the brackets. Hilarious. I think {ridiculously} is going to have to be referred to as much.

Novine

Post Number: 682
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The more likely scenario is that they're using this as a way of shaking some local officials elsewhere down for some cash; make Pontiac and the others think that they have to give more than they really do in order to land this one."

I don't know what world you are living in but places like Pontiac don't have a cent to give. Have you missed headlines like this:

Michigan Treasury reviewing cash-strapped Pontiac's finances

http://blog.mlive.com/oak_busi ness_review/2008/04/michigan_t reasury_reviewing_ca.html

Perhaps a Pontiac could give a tax abatement, if this kind of facility qualified for it. Any significant money would come from the state and if that's the case, why wouldn't they go to Wixom? But the idea that places like Pontiac are in any position to make any kinds of deals is disconnected from reality.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2889
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DV:
I cannot emphasize enough just how much public subsidy would have to go into the Wixom plant to make it work for Hollywood. I'll just leave it at that.

This thing is AutoWorld all over again, only more expensive for the taxpayer.

Novine:
People who are strapped for cash can often be the best people in the world to get a deal from, especially if they have to compete for it.

Everyone:
It wasn't that long ago that our neighbors in the OC were "seriously looking" at buying the Detroit Zoo and making it a part of the Oakland County Park System. It even got mentioned in the news media on several occasions.

If L. Brooks signs off on this, I'll be on his door step the next morning with a few bridges to sell him.

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1143
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, you're right absolutely right. And it wouldn't be the first or the last time that the taxpayers get left with the bill, if it happens, with yet another thing that benefits the outer reaches of Oakland County, where it seems all the focus has been.

I think that this is different than the Zoo because OC would of had to come up with actual cash to purchase it (remember, for the edification of others as I'm guessing Fnemecek knows this, the Zoo is still technically owned by the City of Detroit); these are incentives, i.e. money but not. So in short, it can become someone else's problem, politicians' favorite way of solving things.

On another thread, Gnome posted a link to tax rates... I was blown away by the difference in city non-homestead between Wixom and Detroit. Wixom (and most of the region) is around 53 mills; Detroit is 83 mills.

The property tax is 36% higher for a business to own property in the CoD. That's a huge deal killer for anyone, I had always in my head thought it was more like 50 vs. 60.

That's suffocatingly high, and has to be brought down to a semi-normal level.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2890
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding the Wixom Plant - or as I'm starting to think of it, AutoWorld South - I doubt that any amount of property tax incentives would make this deal financially viable. This would require cold, hard cash.

Regarding property tax rates in the city vs. the rest of the region, Detroit's are unquestionably much higher than they should be. The one thing that off-sets them, at least in part, is that the assessed value of property is much lower in the city. Therefore, the actual tax that you pay is lower than what it would be.

To illustrate this point, I own a home in Detroit. I have brothers who own almost identical homes in Dearborn and Garden City. Even though the millage rate that I pay is higher than theirs, my actual property tax bill is lower because the assessed value of my property is so much lower.

Granted, this is a residential property as opposed to a commercial property. However, it does illustrate my point.

There's no getting around the fact that Detroit needs to lower its tax rates. I'm just mentioning this to keep the numbers in perspective.

Novine

Post Number: 688
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Oakland Press had an article yesterday downplaying this whole concept. WB said they were only looking for something short-term and that they weren't actively pursuing this.

Novine

Post Number: 689
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hollywood eyes shuttered Ford plant in Wixom, but deal unlikely

http://www.theoaklandpress.com /stories/082008/loc_2008082048 8.shtml

Novine

Post Number: 690
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"People who are strapped for cash can often be the best people in the world to get a deal from, especially if they have to compete for it. "

Again, where do you think that this money is going to come from? Pontiac doesn't have that money at all.

Rideron
Username: Rideron

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O.K., having someone like Tyson Foods looking into the thing for a possible chicken processing plant may have a ring of credible possibility to it, but Warner Brothers???Is it just me, or does this whole thing have the smell of delusional, desperate optimism?

Johnlodge

Post Number: 8352
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buh-dee, buh-dee, buh-dee, buh...

That's all, folks!

Fnemecek

Post Number: 2891
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"People who are strapped for cash can often be the best people in the world to get a deal from, especially if they have to compete for it. "

Again, where do you think that this money is going to come from? Pontiac doesn't have that money at all.

From their budget.

http://www.pontiac.mi.us/pdf/c ounciladopt0809.pdf

You'll notice entries for their DDA as well as for Commercial & Economic Development.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.