Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Spirit Behind Bars « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13865
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was riding home from our impromptu FSC after the anti-mayor rally the other night and was stopped in my tracks by this sight:

Spirit Behind Bars

The shadows and coloring were simply SO beautiful, that I couldn't pass 'em by...glad I had my camera with me and at the ready.

Cheers, wouldn't it be nice to have the Spirit totally free and our MAYOR behind bars?

Gannon

Post Number: 13866
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's LOOKIN' Atcha, Kid!

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow... it looks a lot better already. Indicative of the morale in the city though... behind bars. At least that's how I feel..

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8313
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that our Metaldoctor working on the Spirit?

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool shots G. Did any of the others turn out?

Gannon

Post Number: 13890
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of those ones of the Underground Railroad were spoiled because of that dial on my camera twisted in the carry case...bummer...the light was really great that night, too.

The ones I shot at the rally were with another camera, and those turned out fine...especially those fellows we are pretty sure were administration observers!

I should put those up here...on the mayoral thread.

JL, I DO think Metaldoctor got the overall contract, but the big stuff all had Chezcore signs on 'em...don't know who owns that, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it linked to Bobby Ferguson.

Although if it WERE, our metal Spirit would've been scrapped to pay for legal fees, I'm sure!

Cheers

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the subject of The Spirit ... he looks too clean and too smooth, like he just got a botox treatment.

Gannon

Post Number: 13902
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was more of a dermabrasion...

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It reminds me of a movie scene, I believe it was King Kong or Godzilla behind bars. Or, maybe enclosed by a roller coaster. Thanks for the great pictures Gannon. You're right on about the lighting. 1KD

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2776
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As of Friday night when I passed it, the bars are gone and the Spirit of Detroit statue is shining brightly.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 548
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pics, Gannon..quite the night for good lighting, bummer about the other shots.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 643
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the Love of God...put the bars back up, lest our Great Spirit fall victim to the scrappers.

(I can't believe someone didn't beat me to the punch on that line.)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.