Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Warren ave bridge over 75, what's the deal? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i drive under it every day and its been closed with the approaches on both sides completely dismantled and no one working on it for well over a month now. the bridge reconstruction project has also moved well past it into hamtramck as if they forgot this half finished bridge, you'd think with wayne and ccs starting up in just a few weeks they'd be pushing to be done with it.

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 252
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's the deal: :-)

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20080820/OPINI ON03/808200328

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3023
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had heard one of the design requirements was that military vehicles needed to be able to cross on the bridge. Any truth to that rumor?

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 3059
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Warren Ave was one of the worst freeway bridges on I-75. Just driving over it filled with ugly potholes made me cringe. I am glad they will build a new one.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2244
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool, that's kind of what i figured, but i didn't think to look on the news site.

sucks that it is still closed but man am i so happy that they are working on the clay ave bridge now, i think it was at least as bad as the warren ave bridge, if not worse

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3437
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they're doing the Grand Blvd bridge now, that one was well beyond horrid. :-(

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 253
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't spend a whole lot of time in Hamtramck or around it & was driving south on St. Aubin earlier this summer--with a friend riding shotgun--and went around the curve and nailed the railroad tracks on Clay St. near the Russell Industrial Center at a fairly good clip. Witnesses at the scene said that the Penalty Box (my Toyota) went airborne to some extent... :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.