Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Kym Worthy's home in foreclosure. « Previous Next »
Archive through August 21, 2008Detroitbred30 08-21-08  8:58 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 407
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pathetic. Someone making $156,000 per year should be able to easily afford a $3,000 mortgage/property tax burden. That's only $36,000 per year, much less than 30% of her pre-tax income.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13903
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

None of you know her circumstances, so it is easy for you all to judge the prosecutor.

What IF she lost a tenant on her rental property right about the time a balloon payment were necessary on either or both properties...and those craft city assessors bumped her tax burden BECAUSE she was investigating the mayor...and she had some other family emergency that required a big cash dump?

She did say she was paying some other tax liability, and with penalties and interest it gets lousy into usury quite quickly with the IRS.

Actually it STARTS in usury with them, but I digress.

Embarrassing? Yes. Damning into some questioning her ability to do her job? I think not.

I wish the best to Ms. Worthy, as well as anyone caught up in this mobius-twisted American Nightmare that has been sold to everyone as some sort of dream.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1677
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Notice how Countrywide seems to be the common thread in much of this -- Ed McMahon's foreclosure, so many others.

Registeredguest

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Notice how Countrywide seems to be the common thread in much of this -- Ed McMahon's foreclosure, so many others."

Maybe it's the fact that they're the nation's largest mortgage lender? Underwriting more mortgages = more foreclosures. Of course, we could continue to go down the big, bad "corporate boogeyman" route.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Don't ever get an ARM"

I've had one for 10 years, and it has served me quite well. In fact, my rate is about to drop to 4.5%. People who make such statements only prove they don't have a clue. The keyword is "subprime" folks.....not ARM.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everytime I read her salary requoted, it gets higher and higher, LOL. The paper says $128,000, but previously I read $120,000. It sounds like a lot to you if you're not making that, but like everything else, its relative. I remember getting to my absolute highest salary ever of over 80k, and I thought I would just be bathing in dollar bills but even living modestly didn't make much of a difference. Our ARM mortgage doubled at the two year mark and we were quickly overwhelmed. You can say we shouldn't have gotten it, you can say a lot of things, but unless you've been in the other person's shoes you really can't know what its like. My husband lost his job in the auto industry and then I lost mine (at Ford during the first "Black Monday") and that just brought the hammer down, so that 80k went from next to nothing to absolutely nothing at that point. It happens so quickly that you feel blindsided.

I credit anyone working hard to stay on top of this mess LEGALLY. Even with a good salary, the costs add up really quickly and you don't have to be going on shopping sprees or dining out every night to feel the damage.

Too bad we can't all live in a city paid mansion and have free meals and utilities for our families and a salary to boot.

Oh, and Countrywide was the one that screwed us too so I can only imagine what she's going through! They really need to be brought up on some type of charges for the crimes they've committed.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 426
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some good words, Gannon.

*hug*

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK Registered Guest, I guess you haven't seen this: http://www.latimes.com/busines s/investing/la-fi-countrywide8 -2008aug08,0,6222705.story

Or this: http://www.latimes.com/news/pr intedition/front/la-fi-probe24 -2008jul24,0,5186682.story

Or this:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne ws/nation/bal-te.iraq24jul24,0 ,419668.story

So they're the largest mortgage lender in the U.S., yes, we know that. They were also at the center of the subprime mortgage mess, and we probably haven't heard the worst of it. Clearly Kym was not a "Friend of Angelo."

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7661
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not bad for a prosecutor charging KING KWAME of 12 counts of perjury, but Worthy can't count her financial problems.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7662
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"A fool and his money will soon part!" Who say that motto?

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 469
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Chrissy Snow, I got my loan through Countrywide I have had no problems with them got a great rate, but I'm believing now that I'm one of the few. Many have said the same thing, "It went from sugar to sh@t". When your not in that situation many people shot from the hip not knowing the full situation. I think their trying to embarass her because she brought charges against the Mayor. I'm not falling for it, she is smart enough to know what's going on and this situation could've ballooned on her when she first announced the charges, and has been trying to keep up. You never know the ins and outs of a situation until your in it. I say keep you head up Kym.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1688
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1660

My property taxes are lower than grosse pointe, ferndale or pleasant ridge here in Indian village thanks in part to kwamster.

According to https://treas-secure.state.mi. us/ptestimator/PTEstimator.asp

quinn, your info needs a little updating:

for a home with a $150,000 SEV the rates are

Ferndale tax rate $6,819 Mills 45.46
GP Woods tax rate $7,143 Mills 47.62
GP City tax rate $6,582 Mills 43.88
GP Park tax rate $6,548 Mills 43.65
PL Ridge tax rate $6,206 Mills 41.37

DETROIT tax rate $9,894 Mills 65.96

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for that link Gnome - you go through there and you realize how far off Detroit's taxes really are. It's insane.

I bet Quinn got an abatement - what is that mil rate nowadays?

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1572
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed one thing in the article that nobody has mentioned, and points to the argument that she was living beyond her means. She got into trouble with a credit card after spending sixteen thousand dollars on furniture.

I have owned three houses over the years, and I can say with absolute certainty that I have not spent $16,000 cumulatively on furniture over the course of my entire life, nearly a half-century.

I don't see any corruption here at all; I see a typical American who is unable to live within her means. I sentence her to six months of watching Dave Ramsey's TV show.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1751
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A prosecutor's gotta have some nice cushions to chill on after a long day dealing with slimeballs.
No one said she is a financial genius.

To answer C_P's question re corruption; the answer is no. That's why we need someone like Worthy to beat down the maggots in society from ripping people off.

It is probably a good move on her part. She bought the house at the top of the market and now she gets a break with the new foreclosure law and can buy a similar house for half that price.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, it would also be wise to compare the house you can get in Detroit for $300,000 vs. the one in GP for $300,000. You'll see the difference there.

Gnome

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

professor scott store

Dr. Scott and I shop at the same store.

---

On that State Tax link I posted above... Detroit doesn't have the highest rates around.

that $150 K home in River Rouge would set you back $12,372 with a Mil rate of 82.48, Inkster's is in the high 70's but it looks like the lowest millage rates in Wayne Co are out in Plymouth Twp at 27.96.

The cheapest near-in Wayne County suburb seems to be Livonia.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8325
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everybody should watch this highly informative financial advice video:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1389 /saturday-night-live-dont-buy- stuff

Detroitsapphire
Username: Detroitsapphire

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrissy you sound mad that Kym Worthy is in foreclosure but the Beatty chick is not. How do we even know what her financial situation is? I read when she HAD her job she had financial problems. I dont think that has to do with this case, except maybe what one might be willing to do to get a deal - maybe if they were offered $ or something. . .

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's widely believed that some Detroit churches got together to pay Beatty's mortgage. Chrissy makes a salient point about Worthy's situation versus the perjuring mistress' situation. I guess no Detroit ministers coming forward for the Prosecutor.

Gannon

Post Number: 13913
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, far be it for them to actually help the one forging a path for truth and justice in this town...

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 152
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe people are tyring to make excuses for her. "What if she lost a tenant in her rental property?" "What if her payment ballooned?" "Blah, Blah, Blah" Whatever!

What if she utilized some of all that education she has to read her contract and enter into an agreement that she could uphold? I'm hearing lots of persecuting Countrywide as the big, bad boogeyman, but they didn't make Worthy sign anything. I understand that for some who are less educated, they could have gotten caught up in slick talk and confusing contractual verbage. Kim does not fall into this category of borrower. The Free Press also said they did a piece in 2004 stating she had not paid her taxes on time since 2000. Where's everyone who usually complaining about the city not having the finances to support vital city services, all the while our non tax paying prosecutor still has disposable income to spend on private school for her kid and $16K worth of furniture?

My level of concern and / or sympathy for Ms. Worthy is nill, null and void.

Gannon

Post Number: 13914
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am NOT making excuses, I'm postulating on reasons well beyond the asinine assumptions some others are making here.

I do not know anyone who files all of their own paperwork (not in the automatic withdrawl from their paycheck system) who is NOT behind in paying their Federal Income taxes...even though that is an illegal institution and system.

Once behind, the penalties and interest are guaranteed to bury anyone who dares try to catch up...it is a horrible system that should simply die and go away...as should the Federal Reserve Bank.

Go, blue.

Registeredguest

Post Number: 409
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of asinine assumptions:

"...it is a horrible system that should simply die and go away...as should the Federal Reserve Bank. "

Gannon

Post Number: 13915
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were both installed into our world illegally...if you did an ounce of investigation you would not sound so much like an uninformed ignoramus.

Kevgoblu

Post Number: 153
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always try to put myself into a situation.

Like if I lived down the block (and obviously a nice block if her home was bought for $337K) from Ms. Worthy. Heaven forbid I was trying to sell my house, as another home in the neighborhood has just been put up at a "Fire Sale" price. Unfortunately its not just the irresponsible homeowner who is paying in this whole mortgage mess.

Cheers!

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 632
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This has to be the worst thread EVER.

Someone quoted Oprah.
Someone thinks that because her house is in foreclosure that she is corrupt.
Someone thinks we should get rid of the Federal Reserve Bank.
Someone related this situation to a Bernie Mack Show episode.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3531
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, no one ever expects DY to win a Pulitzer, Rjij. :-)

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how do you find mill rates? ie my house in oak park???? im still paying tax rates on a house of 130,000 but i bought it for 69,000 and only valued at 100,000

Kevgoblu

Post Number: 154
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

steelworker....check this link

https://treas-secure.state.mi. us/ptestimator/PTEstimator.asp

Steelworker

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow oak parks is at 46.89. What exactly does it mean?

Steelworker

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn im paying too much i should appeal my tax assessment

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

from my understanding, the loan included her borrowing against her home to help pay for her re-election campaign.

i am very saddened by this news.

Quinn

Post Number: 1661
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome you're forgetting neighborhood enterprise zones. Because of this tax break that was partially Kwame's idea...I now pay on 44 mills. So I was wrong about being lower than Pleasant Ridge only.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 121
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never spent $16k on furniture combined in my entire life, LOL. But then, in her position, I'm sure she's entertaining important clients in her home so its not like she could just shop at Target. I mean, she COULD - but you know folks would talk about her! There's a certain standard that goes along with that level. I have had bosses who spent $16k on one sofa, and their jobs certainly didn't add any value to our lives or help keep crime off the streets.

Gnome

Post Number: 1691
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right, I forgot NEZ and didn't compare NEZ rates to what everyone else pays. sorry.

oh,nez's were engler & archer's doing.

research:
1992 P.A. 147; M.C.L. 207.771 et seq.; M.S.A. 7.800(171) et seq.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 570
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe she's like so many other people who've been trying to sell their house for a year or more, got no offers, saw the value dropping steadily and just gave up. I personally know three people who basically handed their keys over to the bank and said "please, take it." Their credit's wrecked now, but they couldn't afford to take a huge loss on the place.
This is a highly unusual situation we're in. Even in a recession, real estate has always, with a few exceptions like the California bubble in the '80s, been a good investment.

Quinn

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO THEY WERE NOT ARCHER'S DOING, GNOME. IMPORTANT FACT! Julie Castone, author of the nez tax thing fought for years to get it passed. Since the early 90's I believe. Had NO support from Engler, Archer or Granholm before Kwame. HE pushed it through.

And she worked for Archer throughout the administration.

Hate Kwame all you want...but he did do this right.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 571
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was an Enterprise Zone thing passed in the '90s under Archer (mostly downtown areas if I recall) but the NEZ tax break was in '06. We got one in East English Village.

Strathcona
Username: Strathcona

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Quinn,

How is IV doing these days? Are the foreclosures selling? Is it recovering?

Also,

Where did Kym Worthy live?

Gnome

Post Number: 1692
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, the first NEZ was enacted in 1986 by Blanchard but was limited to Benton Harbor; In 1992 Engler expanded it to Detroit and other parts of the state.

before we get too wrapped up in history, you need to check out this PDF.

http://www.crcmich.org/PUBLICA T/2000s/2001/rpt334.pdf

Quinn

Post Number: 1663
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right...Neighborhood Enterprize Zone is what I'm talking about Gnome. Didn't happen under Archer, that's for damn sure.

IVA is kinda sucking right now for real estate. Nothing is selling at all...and more houses are up for sale each month I swear.

I've heard of some movement in West Village though...some friends have been buying and renovating houses there and finding buyers who are moving in. One bright spot.

Gnome

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the pdf linked above, on page 16,

quote:

In mid-2000, Mayor Dennis Archer reported that Detroit’s
Empowerment Zone had enjoyed over $6 billion in new
investment or commitments since its inception in 1995.
Comerica Bank reported in mid-1999 that the zone had benefited
from $1.2 billion in investment from small to medium-
sized development projects, including residential
projects and modest-sized businesses and manufacturers.
The amount invested attributable to Empowerment Zone

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually Quinn, they're starting to sell. Two properties I was thinking about sold. So, maybe things are beginning to pick up.

*hug*

Kimistree
Username: Kimistree

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit Empowerment Zone, (DEZ) and the Neighborhood Enterprize Zone (NEZ) are two different programs.

(Message edited by Kimistree on August 21, 2008)

(Message edited by Kimistree on August 21, 2008)

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 525
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

wow oak parks is at 46.89. What exactly does it mean?

Steelers, it means you pay $46.89 for every $1000 of taxable value, which if your house is valued at $100,000 should be half that if you just purchased the house. It doesn't matter what you paid for the house either, you'll still pay taxes based on assessed value.

Example: house is valued at $100,000. --->$100,000/2 x .04689 = $2344.50

Go to www.oakpark-mi.com, on the left side of the screen, click on "assessing data", search for your address, and you'll get all the details (State Equalized Value, Assessed Value, and Taxable value) Multiply taxable value by the millage rate and that's your tax.

The only reason I can see that you may have a high tax bill this year, is if you did not file a "Principal Residence Exemption" before May 1st. If the previous owner happened to rent the house out, they were paying the non-homestead rate, which is about 65 mils in Oak Park.

The following paragraph came from here: www.oakpark-mi.com/Finance/Assessing_Department.htm
To be eligible for the “principal residence” exemption, you must own and occupy the home as your principal residence as of May 1st of the current year and have filed a valid Homeowner’s Principal Residence Exemption affidavit with the Assessor’s Office.

Check out the assessing data, if the "Principal Residence Exemption" is 0%, then you're paying non-homestead rate. If it's 100%, then you're paying the homestead rate.

Better yet, call the Oak Park assessor, he's a nice guy and will take the time to explain it all to you. It can be pretty confusing.

Oak Park City Assessor: Dean Bush (248)691-7550

(Message edited by wally on August 21, 2008)

Quinn

Post Number: 1664
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kimistree... that's right. Like I said, Kwame is the one who actually listened to Julie and moved forward with the plan.

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It's widely believed that some Detroit churches got together to pay Beatty's mortgage"

If that's true, it would be nice if these same churches at least offered to help out Ms Worthy but I suppose that could be seen as a corrupting influence in her case. Such irony.

9936sussex
Username: 9936sussex

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI: I believe Worthy's daughter attends either Detroit Country Day or Cranbrook. She also figure skates (which is really an expensive sport).

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew she had a daughter but wasn't sure how old. Wondered if college costs could be a factor in this especially if the girl's father isn't contributing.

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 226
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

""They were both installed into our world illegally...if you did an ounce of investigation you would not sound so much like an uninformed ignoramus.""

Gannon, AMEN!

ive researched this extensively including many hours in the IRC and SCOTUS decisions. illegal, unethical and DEFINITELY NOT a part of the u.s. FEDERAL government...

but the sheep will never believe this...

Gannon

Post Number: 13923
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ltdave, sometimes it is tough being the lone voice in the wilderness...you just made my day with your harmony.

Quinn

Post Number: 1665
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most people don't understand how the federal reserve erased one of our country's founding principals...that money be tied to a gold standard. Once that was removed all hell broke loose. No every dollar is printed with debt attached...we're all slaves.

This country is run by the banking industries and cabals...no doubt about it. You're right Gannon.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2583
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rjlj's post was terrific.

I don't give a damn about Worthy's personal business, unless it is compromising her ability to perform her very public job.

Originalg313
Username: Originalg313

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all!
Long time lurker, here. This is my first post.
Ms. Worthy's daughter Anastasia is about 10 years old. Ms. Worthy adopted her when she was a few months old. Anastasia has sickle-cell anemia. I remember reading somewhere that the ice skating was recommended by Anastasia's doctors.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome, Original!

Originalg313
Username: Originalg313

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the welcome.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 2132
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Actually Quinn, they're starting to sell. Two properties I was thinking about sold. So, maybe things are beginning to pick up.

It seems to me that the foreclosure sales in IV have been picking up lately. 3474 Burns, 2940 Seminole, 3496 Burns & others all selling recently. I'd say it's the higher-end home sales that have slowed down.

FYI, at the Villages Real Estate event on Sept 27, there will be a bunch of open houses for people to look at, and new this year there will be a tour of bank-owned homes for sale as well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.