Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Tiger Stadium Historical Marker on Craig's List?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Savoyard
Username: Savoyard

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found this listing on Craig's List about 2 days ago. Can it be for real?? Very mysterious. Who in Michigan government should I contact to alert them to this? I'd check it out quickly, before it gets flagged for removal.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ clt/804318072.html

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 633
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, it was stolen a while ago, I think it was in the news or on here.

The Michigan State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) places the markers.

www.michigan.gov/shpo

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 263
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like this item was reported stolen in 2006. I flagged the post as prohibited, but am not sure if the post is for real. There is no contact information for the seller. It would be great to have this marker returned.

https://michigan.gov/som/0,160 7,7-192-29938_34758-144396--,0 0.html

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 634
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why did you flag it? Why didn't you try getting at least an email from the seller?

Crystal

Post Number: 264
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You mean to draw out the seller and figure out their identity? Actually, that would have been a good idea. Dang. I will pose as a buyer now.

Savoyard
Username: Savoyard

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By all means, don't flag this as prohibited or for removal. Let's track this down ... even though I'm not convinced it's for real. If I had this marker, the LAST think I'd do is list it on Craig's List, for crying out loud. I'm sure there's enough crooked collectors out there that there would be no need to go the CL route ...

I tried the web-sites listed above, but can't find a way to email the listing.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 12125
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Contact the Wyane County Prosecutor. I have for a few items on Craigs list and they have been great. Just contact them through their website.

I have one gentleman's e-mail that does this stuff in my office - I will chek tomorrow.

The page is removed - hopefully someone copied the info as they are great at investigating it.

Jt1

Post Number: 12126
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If I had this marker, the LAST think I'd do is list it on Craig's List

Don't be surprised at people's stupidity.

Sice it is flagged I will contact CL to see if they can save the page for investigative purposes.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1763
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why didn't you try to buy it then have them arrested? jeez

Jt1

Post Number: 12128
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone save the contact info. Craigslist indicated that they will save the posting for investigative purposes but will only be able to relaease it without a search warrant, subpoena, or court order.

It would be easier and logical for WCPO to investigate if they had the info.

In the future do not flag these as scams, send the info the the WCPO and copy and paste the add into a document if they need it.

Tåla
Username: Tåla

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saved a copy of the listing on my harddrive,
the Posting ID was: 804318072.

Jt1

Post Number: 12129
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tala- Thanks - Iwill dig up the persons name that investigates these and get in touch or you can send me a copy at jt1_detroit@yahoo.com

A copy of the listing will help tremendously.

Tåla
Username: Tåla

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1 I have sent you the file, good luck.

Mikeydbn
Username: Mikeydbn

Post Number: 367
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 6:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ts_marker

Took this on June 11, 2005 when it was still on the stadium.

Crystal

Post Number: 265
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I received this message today from Clint Powell at craigslist:

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for passing this along, that post has been removed from the listings. We'll work directly with law enforcement if they need any information about the ad from our systems.

Thanks,
Clint

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.