Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Speed Limits on Belle Isle « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What exactly are you looking for comments for? The speed limit? 20 or 25 if Im not mistaken.

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know when and where the air races will air on TV?

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 914
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rid: They've already come on a couple of times. Not sure if they'll re-air but you can probably find clips online somewhere.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the guy didn't have more posts under his belt, I'd say this looks like bot spam... although the Grand Prix is a very worthy endeavor and keeps more than a few friends of mine healthily employed.

14509glenfield
Username: 14509glenfield

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you going to support the Detroit Indy Gand Prix on Belle Isle?

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10310
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope! But I drove on the circuit course (chest thumping!

Peachlaser
Username: Peachlaser

Post Number: 215
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I realize that the Belle Isle Grand Prix is a sore point for some. I continually read on this site where someone is putting Detroit on a list that you don't want to be on. In my opinion, the Belle Isle Grand Prix is something that is the opposite and is presenting Detroit in a very positive picture for a change.

I was just looking at the GP website and noticed that they have a special section on the Scott Fountain. The website states that the GP organization has repaired and restored the fountain to its former glory. In the photos, it looks like it... http://www.detroitgp.com/track /index.cfm?cid=17756

The GP website is very well done and, in my opinion, painting Detroit with some very positive strokes. The photos of the fountain and downtown in the background are very pretty. For those of you that make it out, hope you enjoy it. We'll see this traveling international show in a few weeks down here.

For you Penske fans, they may have their hands full with Acura this year. The Audis are big and fast and like the long courses but the Porches and Acuras are nimble and quick and like courses like Belle Isle.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3470
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They have speed limits signs on the island.

Along the strip/strand, it's 25 MPH.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.