Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Is everyone with a little authority in Detroit crooked? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 231
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After going through training, and being sworn to duty, now a Detroit IRS agent in trouble for purchasing a car for a dope man.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080825/NEW S01/80825054

thanks, i corrected it.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on August 25, 2008)

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 232
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just corrected the error. I guess my eyes focused on FBI investigation, and not that she was a IRS agent.

Thanks.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6191
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah. Sad story. She dumped a 30-year career for a Rolex. She doesn't look too happy about it either.

There's a lesson in there for all of us.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol,kwame did help get his family and friends jobs in different areas.maybe the person is a relative or friend of kilpatrick.

people i know in other states did ask me if all of detroit is corrupt,not only the mayor mess playing out nationally,i guess the problems with council and schools also.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 233
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But there is a deeper issue in all of this.

The feeling of being somehow inadequate and that you need to have a status item, when you are poor or have a lower to middle class income.

This is the message that is being passed on to some young children and teens in this city who feel that they must steal Cartier glasses and kill for them.

As it relates to our Mayor, this is the reason he is hanging on, refusing to resign.
Will have to give up on the luxury life that he created for himself with taxpayer money.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Westsiide, I could not agree more with your statement.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3063
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Public service? Helping my neighbor? F*ck that -- I'm helping myself: "Big money, big cars, big bodyguards."

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 234
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitnerd,

you forgot, and lots of women!

all right now, Kwame junior.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is why drugs and crime continue to thrive when on the surface it appears the authorities are trying to stop it - but these guys all have friends in high places. From Kwame on through the IRS and probably the Feds. They have their friends and family and other personal favorite drug/crime lords that they protect. I wouldn't be surprised if this woman didn't help this fool file his taxes every year and show him how to avoid detection.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 235
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a little nosey, and looked on

www.waynecountylandrecords.com

Typed in her name just to see if she had a home in Detroit and where it is, because I was wondering where she lives.

I noticed that she purchased a home for the same dope man, Lamauren.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3065
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 237
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this kinda of relates to this thread:

Even the rappers are run out of Detroit.
Rapper gets a $70,000 transformer style chain stolen. "$70,000!??"

http://www.dirt123.com/comment s.cfm?site_id=56&article=http: //necolebitchie.com/2008/08/24 /true-story-yung-berg-catches- a-beat-down-chain-snatched/

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2488
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not every person of authority in this city is crooked. After all she's just an IRS agent, hardly what I would say is someone of authority over Detroiters. She just someone who did something stupid, got caught, and is now paying for it.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^that was the D? oh my

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1885
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats messed up, why the f would you ruin a 30 year pension benefit plan and close to retirement to protect some low life drug dealer. Maybe she was smoking crack.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.