Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » For Sale Sign on St. Regis Hotel « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2783
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The hotel looks like its still open(saw a valet sitting outside), but there is a small for sale sign in the corner of the hotel side that faces Woodward. Is Herb Strather(Woodbridge Estates developer) still involved with the hotel? He and others had attempted to convert some of the rooms in the hotel into condos. I don't think the condo conversion occurred. Anybody hear anything?

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 982
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what is the intersection?

i am not familiar with this hotel.

thanks, andy

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New Center. Near Woodward and The Boulevard.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8643
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those old enough to remember, the site of the old Mauna Loa.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 451
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps the sign is for condos?

Single_malt
Username: Single_malt

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was on the project for the hotel side, and "supposed" to be on the project for the condo side. As far as I know, the condos are on hold.

There have been many liens put on the property from contractors who worked on the hotel (painter, interior designer, general contractor, etc). During the discovery for lien information it was discovered that Stather, or any of his companies, did not own the condo side. I'm not sure if the sale went through or not to Strather.

The Condo side sign usually faced the Boulevard.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.