Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Monica Conyers Freaks Out in Denver Hotel « Previous Next »
Archive through August 27, 2008Leland_palmer30 08-27-08  12:35 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3491
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's on now. :-)

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3101
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IN THE PAPER

"Conyers said she was sleeping in her hotel room during the time of the alleged incident."

ON THE AIR

"I go downstairs, her and another lady comes out and ... I called the police."

*scratching head*

(Message edited by detroitnerd on August 27, 2008)

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 647
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saddam Hussein's Information Minister in Iraq, Baghdad Bob has more credibility than Monica Conyers.

"I was sleeping and I called the police. The Denverites will fall."

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She may be on drugs but don't bet on the drugs as the cause for her behavior. It comes with the territory. It's called politics. And politicians are our ruling class. Take a look around you at what politicians are getting away with, everywhere. I'm not talking about left, right, conservative, liberal, black, white or any other sub-group. It's almost all of them. They are another huge corporation, monarchy, politocracy(I made that word up)running right over us. Have you ever tried to have a five minute, face to face with your state or US reps or senators. You need LOTS o' money just to get in the door. When you email them, if they respond, it'll likely come from an address you can't reply to. Our politicians represent businesses and sectors of the economy, not individuals, not people. Monica Conyers for all of her very spoiled child behavior is 'deserving' of all the attention she gets. After all, she is an elected politician, wife of a US rep and a member of the ruling class. We better hear her. And respond to her needs.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 660
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WWJ mentioned that she suggested that "Republicans" might be behind it in an attempt to "ruin" the convention and spoil Obama's big day.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3104
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, if you're going to lie, first get your story straight. Jesus. When will this horrible person NOT be re-elected?

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 58
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand it is important for the politicians to go to these conventions,
but did anyone stay behind to run the city?

Kwame's still here, dragging his ball & chain around, takin care of bizness.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe, like most stories like this, the truth is some combination of things.

Republican hit-men disturbed her sleeping, and then upon realizing that she's a zombie and not having a machete to cut her head off, they ran and called the police.

The noises and disturbances were made because when a zombie first wakes up, they can be quite noisy.

Just a theory.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3105
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once she heard they were coming to get her bags, she knew it was a GOP operation to find her stash: Operation Black Snow. ;)

Cargo_kitty
Username: Cargo_kitty

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG! Not all the baffoons stayed home. Now we have matching black eyes. Thank You Monica. I'm sure John is VERY proud of you..

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1438
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I will NOT settle for anything less than a suite. I am royalty. ... ... SHREK!"

Let's hope her next accommodations are in a jail cell.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 456
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why the heck does she feel compelled to dial 9-1-1 over a dispute at the hotel? It's not a freaking emergency. I hate her stupid guts.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 709
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She called the police?

What a retard!

<313>

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3115
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or so she says. She also said she was asleep the whole time. She said she changed her room, on the radio. But she also said she didn't change her room, in the paper. Sheesh.

Stinger4me
Username: Stinger4me

Post Number: 264
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds as though she may have overdosed on Milk of Amnesia, she can't recall the truth.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

monica conyers should have married kwame kilpatrick they'd be a great couple.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2872
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Milk of Amnesia - good one Stinger!

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She must have a chemical imbalance or something. She needs medical help.

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 963
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She could have taken an Ambien... If you are awoken a few hours after taking one, not only do you do strange things, but it also allows you to act and say thing uninhibitedly. She was possibly just showing her TRUE colors...

Another side effect: you generally don't remember what you did or you only vaguely remember, like a dream.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1721
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nolan Finley weighs in:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080828/O PINION03/808280380

quote:

Conyers will keep the storm raging in City Hall and derail any chance of post-Kwame stability.

After the Monica meltdown, I got a call from a member of Metro Detroit's economic development committee, who agreed that Detroit may be going from the fat to the fire.

"How am I supposed to sell this city with this kind of leadership?" he asked.

Again, I'm not saying Conyers is crazy. But even after both the hotel and Denver police confirmed the hotel incident, she was insisting it wasn't her, it never happened.

Finley was just on WJR, and recounted a conversation he had with a Somolian taxi driver who pitied Nolan for living in such a corrupt city.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3116
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, when I start agreeing with Nolan Finley on something, you know it's a stark issue. :-(

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe she lied and said she was asleep and that he didn't know what they were talking about. She claims this never happened..wtf? The hotel said that they had to call the cops on her...whose telling the truth? Ummm....I vote for Hotel. She's mentally unstable and needs help!!

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1284
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nerd- you are so right...I think the more the days tolls, i am leaning right.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 7241
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I understand it is important for the politicians to go to these conventions, but did anyone stay behind to run the city? Has anyone thought about putting the city before the party or is that too idealistic?

I have a hard time believing our city can move forward when half out government is on vacation in Denver. Okay maybe they are not on vacation, but there is certainly no way they can create jobs or improve city services from there.

Detroitstar... these things are held during summer recess for a reason... when most legislative bodies are in summer recess.

City Council, the State Legislature, and US Congress don't "run" anything... they merely legislate and oversight.

The actually running of government is the local regional, state and federal Executive Departments. And with the top leaders at the convention (except for KK), their assistants are in charge, and all employees at each lower level are still at work doing their jobs.

Trash is still getting picked up and traffic violators are still getting ticketed...

Even in the business world... August has NEVER been a month of much business and deal making activity, nor hiring...

In that respect we are very much like France, where the country closes down and the residents go on holiday into the countryside...

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "city full of idiots" quote from the Mayor's sister becomes more and more accurate. Hate to admit that she was correct, though!
Is there any light out there? Any sign of intelligent life?

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

WWJ mentioned that she suggested that "Republicans" might be behind it in an attempt to "ruin" the convention and spoil Obama's big day.

hahahahaha yeah, the Republican National Committee decided that the very best possible way to ruin the convention and spoil Obama's big day was to frame Monica Conyers, a Detroit city councilwoman, in a hotel room dispute. Everyone, I haven't heard, did Obama have to drop out after this happened? Could he still end up being president after this?? Man, what a sneaky Republican trick this was!

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica is more frantic than ever these days because--at some level in her psychotic head--she knows Kwame will be departing soon and the media (and feds) will be shining their spotlight on her. As Council President, she will become the new 'Face of Corruption' the second Kwame leaves office. Also, I'm sure things are very chilly between her and hubby these days as the embarrassments and legal bills pile up. I can just hear the bickering.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 92
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have often wondered what John Conyers thinks of his wife's troubles,since Conyers is a long time respected politician and he has a wife that behaves like she's from the ghetto.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8489
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mbshan
Username: Mbshan

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Between KK, MC and the a-holes in the white house. I don't and won't ever believe anything that comes out of their mouths!! Nothing but liars. I am just sick of it! And, the thought of John McCain admin...puke!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.