Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Monica Conyers Freaks Out in Denver Hotel » Archive through August 27, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

goodness, looks like those folks in Denver have no idea on how to handle a crazy woman.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080827/P OLITICS01/808270415/1408/LOCAL

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How silly of those hotel employees...don't they know that she needs a BIG room to house her family (not to mention her EGO and her MOUTH). And once again Detroit is made a laughing stock in the national media. Great, just great

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

monica conyers needs to be tested for drugs,I swear she acts like she's on something.

Stinger4me
Username: Stinger4me

Post Number: 261
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just another example of the class of a Detroit politico.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand it is important for the politicians to go to these conventions, but did anyone stay behind to run the city? Has anyone thought about putting the city before the party or is that too idealistic?

I have a hard time believing our city can move forward when half out government is on vacation in Denver. Okay maybe they are not on vacation, but there is certainly no way they can create jobs or improve city services from there.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 657
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

City Council is in recess.

Detroitstar

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just because the council is in recess that doesnt mean work stops. I understand having Ken Cockrel there, as he is our top non-mayor official, but is it necessary for others to be there? It's just hard for me to justify all this political party crap when things are so bad here in Detroit.

Quite frankly I dont care what party someone is, I just want to see the lights on and the streets clean. All I care about is the Detroit party.

cue kid rock...

Stinger4me
Username: Stinger4me

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitstar; You hit the nail on the head, THEY ARE ON VACATION. Monica has taken her reputation out of state.

Conman
Username: Conman

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DON'T THEY KNOW WHO THE F#*K SHE IS? Oh, thats
CB.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 318
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ the "last minute cancellation" saving the day.

Anyone who has ever worked at a hotel knows that a last minute cancellation really just means that the hotel has a crazy person on their hands and had to use one of the empty rooms they keep in reserve to accommodate that person.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1801
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never a dull moment with Monica

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8427
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The circus is now a traveling circus.

Detroitstar

Post Number: 1318
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm picturing MC at Mile High Stadium jumping up and down yelling "shrek, SHREK! Go get me some popcorn!" when she spots Ken Cockrel a few sections away on Thursday night! LOL!

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 137
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish the Feds would hurry up with their indictments, hopefully before she can sit her toxic butt in Cockrel's chair and complete the downslide of city council.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 322
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"she's perfectly happy now."

Where IS the circus? Here come the clowns.

Secondndfloorwalkup
Username: Secondndfloorwalkup

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who pays for them to go to the convention?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4970
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conyers might be on the hubby's tab for a change

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3086
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why was she so concerned about somebody handling her bags, unless ... and then she goes into psychotic mode? Is it possible MC may have had a little cocaine-induced psychosis?

While that's tantalizing to consider, more likely she knows that bat-shit crazy people in a hotel lobby tend to get what they want. How freakin' ghetto can you get.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3092
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3093
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump?

Kingofdetroit
Username: Kingofdetroit

Post Number: 120
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guarantee MC is on drugs. Not that I would care if she was doing a bang up job but she's not. Get her out with KK and the rest of those City Council dimwits. Seriously they sound so stupid when they talk. Most of them...

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3487
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's going to be (live) on Frankie Darcell's show within the next few minutes (92.3 WMXD).

This should be good. :-)

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeez Mix92.3 has a lot of "safe sex" and "check your man for STDs" advertisements.

Still not on yet. There was a teaser before the last ten minutes of commercials...

This is why I don't listen to mainstream radio.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3097
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently the sex education bleeds over into the music programming. That song she said she was taking off her ring and putting on Vaseline? Ewwww.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 454
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The serial idiot strikes again...in Denver.

Jeez.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3098
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God, hurry up, Monica! This station is awful.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3488
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Hey, they play the type of music I like.

When I get tired of them (or the other station), I go onto YouTube/imeen.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yah, I had to stop a vomit-like reaction with that one, DN.

I like soul, especially funk, but I dislike montages like they're doing.

I don't know whether to thank DetroitRise for the heads up on this or go on a mission to find him and beat him down for inadvertently subjecting me to this. :-D *sarcasm*

Still "speaking with Monica Conyers, coming up" a half hour later.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3100
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not the music, so much, DR, just the uplift, mixing in the vaguely inspirational quotes from MLK (as opposed to ones about ending war and people living as brothers and sisters), ads for BS like charter schools and "entrepreneurial spirit" and shite like that. Sigh.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 659
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She denies it all...

she has no idea where the hotel is getting this story from, " I am in the same room that I was in since the beginning," she said.

"None of that's true. If you want to print that, go right ahead because none of that's true," Conyers told Local 4.

Conyers said she was sleeping in her hotel room during the time of the alleged incident.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/17311644/detail.html