Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » The Offical Economic ***POST KWAME THREAD*** « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Doma
Username: Doma

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking to myself the other day, how many big announcements have been delayed on behalf of the situation with the mayor? There has to be a large amount of "pent up" projects waiting for this to end.

With the recent developments regarding Kwame's case and the impending doom of his mayorship come Sept. 2nd. It's time to look forward!!

Anybody who knows anything about whats next in Detroit or even comments/rumors would be great! Let's begin the healing process, the time has come!

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 686
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently its "too cold in tha D" for anything to be posted here...

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com /videos/video.php?v=wshh0JoB6n P74Li7CJ9Z

Doma

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seriously, nobody wants to chime in about the new Red Wings Arean, Cadillac Centre, anything, anyone?

C'mon people, lets begin to move forward.

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully, when KK is gone we will have a flood of projects announced. Despite the credit crunch, I do believe we had a lot of development momentum going for us before the text scandal broke. Only time will tell!

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2652
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Similarly, there is typ a tendency for the national economy to be flat the fall/summer of a presidential election. Until the issue of who is going to be president is settled, a lot of businesses hold back on growing or expanding.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 992
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think that after the election, whichever candidate it is, the economy in the US will do VERY well for at least a short period of time, over optimism about having bush out.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2655
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly. So it's only logical that something similar could happen at a local level.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Economically, we will save a fortune when Kwame's friends and family are dumped. Apologies to any who might be good at their jobs.

Doma

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personally, I believe 2009+ will be great years for many of the reasons mentioned. Even if it's only temporary. Just look what Detroit has to look forward to:

2009: NO MORE KWAME, NO MORE BUSH, LESS CRONIES IN DETROIT.

Now if only we could go for the tri-fecta and have Granholm booted. These three peoples approval ratings don't equal 100% if you ad them all together. Late 2010 this will be decided.

We have had nearly NO major announcements this entire year, something's gotta give.

At some point the past has to make way for the future.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2896
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I was thinking to myself the other day, how many big announcements have been delayed on behalf of the situation with the mayor? There has to be a large amount of "pent up" projects waiting for this to end.

The problem is that projects don't really wait. Investors still want to make money, regardless of who is occupying the Manoogian Mansion. If they don't like the conditions in one area, they simply move their money to projects in another.

With that said, once this ordeal is behind us, I believe we'll eventually see a return to normalcy in the weeks to come. The steady drum beat of new projects should resume within the next month or so.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.