Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Why I love Detroit. And you? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 559
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...Trouble brewing....

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 5371
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes I think you're more likely to find people that love Detroit enough to want to return to it living in other major cities than in metro Detroit.

Interesting story, Jtf. Good luck with everything. As much as there are things to love about the City today, it's hard not to consider the past and/or ponder all of its potential.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 657
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are many of here who love Detroit and living in it presently...

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 5373
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And that is why the City survives in spite of all the odds stacked against it.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 384
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was a strange thread!

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2608
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened to the original post? I felt like reading something heartfelt and sentimental because I need inspiration to love Detroit just like 90% of the people who live here. Oh well.

Retroit

Post Number: 385
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mayor_sekou, I'll come over and give you a hug if that'll help.

Vantanna
Username: Vantanna

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bootney Farnsworth

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2211
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I loved the tenderloin district with condoms and needles in the gutter in SF. I sure he will like the 1200.00 one bedroom apartment he has.

It is nice with all the local restaurants and homeless begging on many corners everywhere.
SF is a nice place to visit.

Retroit

Post Number: 387
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm...it looks like every time someone adds a post to this thread, the top post disappears. How strange is that?

Loooooooweeeeeeelllllll!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, it was on purpose. My response to the original post made no sense as the top post.

Jtf1972
Username: Jtf1972

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My apologies...

I deleted the original post, believing it would delete the entire thread. I guess that didn't work quite like I had hoped!

When rereading it this morning, I realized it made little sense to post the 3am ramblings of a frustrated man who had a bit too much wine...

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 224
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farnsworth, indeed.

Mickeymac
Username: Mickeymac

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont live in Detroit, but I like the city because it has so much history to it. The auto industry, and not to mention all the music that came from that city.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 131
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The problem is that most of it has moved away. Motown, auto jobs, etc.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.