Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Kwame mentioned on SNL « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 496
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm curious why this board is, well the way that it is. It's a very popular forum and with the price of hosting nearly nothing these day for un metered traffic, bandwidth and storage why it hasn't been converted to the much easier to manage and use PHPBB. Perhaps Lowell could shed some light on this. Sorry for the OT comment.

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the clean and uncluttered look of this board., without all the bells and whistles of sticky threads, avatars, dialog quote box inside box inside box inside box... inane sticky quotes under SNs, with hype it links to Digg, Stumble Upon, Facebook, Yardbarker, ect...

There are enough of those on the internets with ties to the Detroit area (sports talk, ect) if that is your cup of tea.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 492
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree w/ Flanders. Also, nice making a false title to draw attention

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14060
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The initial poster succumbed to a neurosis, I believe. Please come back, April, where'd you go?!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.