Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Monica's Latest Tantrum « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 703
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From http://www.firejerryo.com

The talk around city Hall is the out of control behavior that was exhibited by now City Council President Monica Conyers last Friday. She was reportedly upset that Judge Damon J. Keith did not swear her in during the public swearing in ceremony. When she finally found a Judge to swear her in most of the guest were leaving after seeing Mayor Cockrel's swearing in. Conyers was not happy about being left out of the limelight. Apparently Conyers did not set up her own public swearing in ceremony as did Cockrel. Of course she was already officially sworn in the day before. So what did she do. She reportedly through a tantrum and tossed outgoing President Cockrel's belongings into the hallway of City Councils offices. Councilwoman Conyers has exhibited some strange and other than rational behavior too often.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10375
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because she thinks her elected position is more about HER than it is serving the electorate.

News flash for the "nut of the month". If she thought that serving as a councilor would benefit HER (as an attention seeking brat) then she should have thought of "serving" the community in another way.

...and we thought KK had an ego! Anyone want to bet that NOTHING gets done in Detroit with her at the helm of council?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 576
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The idea is that she will be gone soon anyway. The FEDS should be ready to pounce, when I don't know, but it is common knowledge that she has been on that list for a good deal of time now. I would expect immediate resignation from Cuckoo-Conyers when she is revealed by the FEDS.

Unless you know or predict something that would leave her in power Goat?

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 276
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is why Detroit Uncovered can't leave just yet! As long as these fools are still in power - Conyers, Reeves, Collins, Talabi, et. al., we need that website to keep us informed!

I hope someone else can take it over, and perhaps Bennett can be one of the sources....

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 236
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Conyers does resign due to the investigation, who then becomes City Council president?

(Message edited by SaintMe on September 22, 2008)

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10380
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Tkshreve just assumptions on my part. But she is more crazy than an outhouse rat or if you prefer, a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1821
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joann Watson, which would be a huge step up. However, I don't see Conyers resigning quietly for the good of the city if the Feds charge her.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

However, I don't see Conyers resigning quietly for the good of the city if the Feds charge her.

Yes, Ms. Conyers is rather incapable of doing anything quietly.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3485
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, if anybody ever needed a 21 man EPU it's Ken Cockrel. Could you imagine something happening to him and having her become mayor?!

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 271
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Iheart, banish the thought! I'm willing to pay for a million EPU rather than have General Disarray (Monica) as mayor!

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 547
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, but just imagine what fun we could have on this forum if Monica became mayor. You thought TextGate was huge, Monica would make you look back to the good old days when all you had to worry about was TextGate.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 594
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure Monica will keep us all entertained as Council President. That is, until indictments are handed down.

Note to FEDS: PLEASE HURRY!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 595
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could you imagine working for that freak show? What a sick *****!

Original63
Username: Original63

Post Number: 43
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone truly considered that she might be Bipolar.

I think she is possibly untreated for serious issues. Jail won't fix her but it will make people feel better about her.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 4166
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If Conyers does resign due to the investigation, who then becomes City Council president?"

"Joann Watson, which would be a huge step up."

Are you kidding? If anything, Joann Watson is WORSE than Monica Conyers. She comes off as rude, ill-mannered, racist, and as having a total disregard for rules of order in meetings. She never hesitates to interject her loudly-voiced opinions even when she doesn't have the floor. She's a loose cannon and a crass, overbearing presence on Council.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2299
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In prior post I said she needs something, uh? She has an inferiority complex combined with a chemical imbalance somewhere. She must be taking something now because her personality changes like Michigan weather.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 725
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let the games begin....

<313>

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 137
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If she has bi-polar look out because they often go off during the fall-winter months. I have personal experience with a family member and the fall and holiday season seems to always bring out the worst.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 336
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It has been my opinion for some time that she is suffering from either a mental disorder, a drug addiction, or a very severe case of a hormonal disorder. The look of her eyes tells me she is either taking some strong prescription medication, or she is addicted to something.

Her mood swings are very severe, which puts the bi-polar theory at the top of the list.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 704
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Her first act today...

Council President Monica Conyers, running her first meeting since ascending to the top council job, appointed Councilwomen JoAnn Watson and Martha Reeves to replace her on the two committees where she served.

Conyers also appointed Reeves to replace Councilwoman Sheila Cockrel on the council’s Rules Committee and recommended that Councilwoman Brenda Jones replace her on the city’s general retirement system pension board.

Who is the her in relation to the pension board? Conyers of Cockrel? If she is replacing Cockrel on two committees just out of spite, I expect a throwdown shortly.

(Message edited by leland_palmer on September 22, 2008)

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time for the cavalry to arrive. It is hoped that the Federal investigation is getting some traction.
Meanwhile, how long will it take for Leno, Letterman, Stewart and others to take notice?
Will the citizens of Detroit ever step up, and demand some excellence?
Someone once wrote: "I gotta laugh to keep from crying..."
Guess we need a Miracle.

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 241
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gone are the days when school students are taken on tours of the City County Building and allowed to sit in on a session of City Council. I remember the session I attended to be run strictly by Roberts Rules of Order, and everyone was very respectful of each other, even when they disagreed.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 187
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol,Monica is a trip!

Ladia

Post Number: 188
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what is the website for detroit uncovered?

Original63
Username: Original63

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its original name is still the site below

http://www.firejerryo.com/

Ladia

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

okay thanks origianl 63.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 286
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fury13, I agree Watson is all that you listed. Watson told me to get out of the city. She jumped up and screamed leave & shoo several times. All I had pointed out was I was a tax payer with rights. That comment always seems to irritate Council. Wonder why?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14110
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sumas,

Do you remember the date of that...was it during a regular council meeting?!

Wonder if we can get a copy of the video from then...it might be very, very useful for a future campaign commercial.

Any and every embarrassing event should be broadcast from the mountaintops!

Cheers

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know, I think we need Monica to take John's seat in congress. Would the Republicrats or the Demicans have a clue about how to handle her. We'd be unleashing a Tasmanian Devil on the House of Representatives.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.