Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Another Detroit Video! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 575
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ruI-k4wNFsU

let the critics begin!

The sound is from the Wayne State Ads on Tv

French777

Post Number: 576
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope you like this one better than the other ones

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 286
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

French, that was really great!! It may be my favorite of your videos so far. The music was excellent and the video really makes you want to go see the city. You'd be a great fit working in the Convention and Visitors Bureau!

French777

Post Number: 578
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the comment!

I thought it was also the best one made!

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For humor content, you should have a photo of a moving van outside the Manoogian Mansion with some text: "A NEW Mayor..."

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

french the vids are a good idea, but if you want them to stand out, change the fonts, and background color. Also use some dissolves or fades instead of just cuts for your transitions. You going to school for film?

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 783
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe it's just me but doesn't ending the video with VisitDetroit.com kind of imply it's their video? You could fix that with a few words.

French777

Post Number: 579
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Chitaku I am only in 11th grade. I plan to go into Urban Planning at WSU!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6484
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

French777, you're improving. This one could have been a bit longer in duration. The sound track is good. Some interior shots (Guardian lobby?) mixed in might have improved it. The exterior perspective shots are very effective.

Godspeed, young man. You're very wise to seek feedback.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep at it French, Im glad to see you were able to overlook the critics here earlier on. That said, the saying "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about" is very true. You may not realize, maybe you do, but your building important connections right now just showing your work here.

I suggest you try finding a niche. Your doing great stuff but you need to look at some art thats not so conventional, something a little "out there".
It doesn't have to be film or video, go spend a week in Borders drinking coffee with a stack of books next to your red vinyl sofa chair. Flip over all the art books. Check out the craziest shit the old weird guy working in the art book dept has for you. He/she may even turn you on to Larry Clark or Nan Goldin if your lucky.

That's just my advice, diversify yourself. Expand whats possible in your vision of things.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Django... if he sticks with Detroit, it couldn't happen any other way.

French777, I really liked that one.

Leticiaweb
Username: Leticiaweb

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 5:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

French……………. Great job!

Agreed, find your niche. Try to project more of your personality with the use of graphics, music and/or art you lean towards.

I tend to go for the darker side with an edge………..but hey, I’m an old punk rocker!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.