Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Curious Fire Department Activity « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14286
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today there were two assistant chief-like SUVehicles in front of 1400 Erskine and they were parking a few EMS vehicles in the garage that usually takes leftover equipment shuttle vans. It is odd to see the leadership vehicles on a Sunday.

Anyone know if they are reducing the number of EMS on the street with any cutbacks? If it obvious, please forgive me, I haven't kept up on the draw-downs of the fire department...although there is something vague in my memory about it from a month or so ago when the budget was being faked by the Kwhymeisters.

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They could have been Battalion Chief SUVs. BCs work on Sundays.

Gannon

Post Number: 14288
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I see them in and out, but never congregating like this unless it's a Saturday or Monday morning meeting, then they arrive in bulk.

Today, they were here, and parking the brand-new EMS vehicles in those usually unused garages.

THAT was more what I'm asking, have we (hopefully temporarily) mothballed a few of our new EMS vehicles and what will that do to response times and the like? Is this a newsworthy item, or something that has been publicly addressed?

Like I said, I vaguely remember some reduction being floated about during those budget talks, but never heard the conclusion.

They were storing vehicles that are usually roving the streets...

Tony_box_42
Username: Tony_box_42

Post Number: 172
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Department has taken delivery of new Ford
Excursions. Five for E.M.S. Nine for Fire Fighting.

Dfd
Username: Dfd

Post Number: 675
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, you could post the question on the firefighters website.

Gannon

Post Number: 14312
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Link? I wish I'd paid more attention.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a whole slew of them in front of Washington and Larned today. I think they were all Exploders.

I was wondering why the heck they bought them when gas is $4 a gallon? I doubt these are going to be used to transport 5 firefighters and their gear.

Tony_box_42
Username: Tony_box_42

Post Number: 173
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Excursions are for E.M.S. Supervisors.and Battalion Chiefs. The Excursions have room for gear , transport and the Incident Command tray.
I also learned today that the new Command Post and " Mini " Pumper are at the shop.

Dfd
Username: Dfd

Post Number: 679
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gannon, here is the firefighters website

http://detroitfirefighters.net /

click on message boards

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.