Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Question: Real Estate searches in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Slider
Username: Slider

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am considering purchasing a home in University District/Sherwood Forest/Green Acres after my current home sells in Ypsilanti. I've just begun my search in Detroit (had wanted to stay in Ypsi but commuting from Ypsi to Detroit everyday is taking a toll on the budget) and am having trouble finding a good website that I can search by neighborhood (and not strictly by zip code). Does anyone have any links they can share of good resources to search for homes in these neighborhoods? Thanks!

Graceful
Username: Graceful

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can search by map through Real Estate One. Click on "Search By Map" on the RE One homepage (scroll down a bit and look to the right and you'll see it). You just keep clicking until you are zoomed in enough on the particular neighborhood you are desiring to move to. It will then show all homes for sale and all you have to do is hover over them and it will show a picture of the house with price. If you want more detail, just click on the home. I've found this to be the most helpful website.

www.realestateone.com

Eboyer
Username: Eboyer

Post Number: 114
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.Trulia.com divides the city by neighborhoods. Each of the neighborhoods you cite are included on the list. Go to the home page, insert Detroit, MI, and hit enter. On the left side of the next screen, you will see an option to search by neighborhood. Check all of the neighborhoods that apply and you're all set. Good luck!

Slider
Username: Slider

Post Number: 52
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks both! I've used realestateone.com map search before, but it doesn't always "grab" all the listings. I'll check out tulia.com. Thanks again. If others can chime in with more, I'd appreciate it. These are strange financial times so I want to make sure to buy wisely

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 931
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there any Web site that grabs all the listings? If there is, I'd love to know about it.

Hamtramike
Username: Hamtramike

Post Number: 525
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would also consider contacting someone on the board of the neighborhood association. Often, they might be aware of a "deal" before a home has been listed (FSBO, foreclosures, etc.)

http://www.udcaonline.com/

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 3079
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can also go to www.zillow.com. If you type in a street address it will show you a map with little symbols representing homes for sale and those sold in the area around the address.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/ma p/48226_rb/

Click on one of the house symbols and it will take you to the listing.

Username: 7051

Post Number: 167
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Slider,

Contact me at detbest@yahoo.com with your phone number and I will help you out. I have lived in the Univ. District for about 10 years and am pretty active in the community (including knowledge about our inventory of homes for sale).

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2503
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Is there any Web site that grabs all the listings?"
www.realtor.com has most listings by far.

Since I'm a nice guy, I'll give you one of my favorites that have many reo bank sites, as long as you don't tell anyone else.
http://www.streamfx.com/CW/9-2 8-2008/REO-Michigan.html

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.