Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Why does Mildred Gaddis seem to despise Ken Cockrel? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 358
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every time I hear her speak about our mayor on her radio show, she just gives him a verbal smackdown. She keeps saying that his city council votes went with KK's leanings 90% of the time. Playing the devil's advocate game, I wonder if 90% of the decisions KK made were good ones, and it was just the 10% that got him in big trouble. I'd also argue that at least Cockrel had the good sense to change his mind about KK, unlike some of other people on the council. Anybody have insight into Gaddis' feelings about Cockrel?

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 294
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

number 1,232nd person who intends to run for mayor?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7822
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gaddis is such a shock jock like Rush Linbaugh.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 336
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny stated...
quote:

Gaddis is such a shock jock like Rush Linbaugh.

I agree with Danny, it's shock jock radio 101!

She also has a history of 'hating' on Younger Black Men!__go figure!

She's received many 'Sambo Awards' within the Black population.

blksoul_atcha!
Founding Member of the BJL
Obama 08'

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gaddis is a Freman Hendrix supporter, plain and simple, at least last election. She was at events, she MC'd events - so it doesn't surprise me she doesn't like Ken Cockrel. She's probably still allied with Hendrix.

Always look to history for an indication of the future...

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2535
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ratings. she's not there to be a cheerleader.

the "Call 'Em Out Coalition" Sharon McFail read the list at the dinner.
Other Sambo recipients.
Disgraced Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick,
Dave Bing,
DPS Kenneth Burnley,
Det CC former Alonzo Bates.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 696
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is a Sambo, if you don't mind my asking?

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 380
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lodgedodger,you know perfectly well what a Sambo is.

And to answer who I am, I'm someone who will be moving from this miserable place soon.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on October 12, 2008)

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 697
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, no, I don't. All those referred to as "Sambos" in previous posts are black.

Perhaps you would find more of your "type" of poster in the Freep forums. They're really quick to jump to conclusions, cast aspersions on people's characters, and attack those who have differing ideas.

I won't be responding to you again.

(Message edited by Lodgedodger on October 12, 2008)

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 381
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To Lodgedodger: Thank you for not responding again.

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some links, to answer your question, Lodgedodger.

Call'em out Coalition:
http://members.aol.com/__121b_ H5v084PtUJi9KuRfUsH+mB/OA1/eWr 0PJFtmhlWASmw=

Wikipdia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S ambo_(ethnic_slur)

In short, a sellout who doesn't put the "black communities" interests first, in the opinion of the group, and getting a Sambo award is sort of like being cast outside the community by that group that hands out the Sambo award. Many times, people are given awards for "serving Massa." Some Sambo Award recipients/nominees you may know are Dennis Archer, Ken Cockrel, Dave Bing, Freman Hendrix, Buzz Thomas, Alonzo Bates, Kwame Kilpatrick and Butch Hollowell.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 704
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, that Call 'Em Out Coalition seems vicious. Why can't we just put the interests of the people first? Forget about color. That is the problem with this city. STOP thinking in terms of color!

As far as the term, Sambo, is concerned, that's cruel. Sounds as if the folks handing out the award are vindictive and mean. Almost an 'our way or the highway' mentality.

Thank you, Digital. *hug*

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 7495
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What up with her on Lou Dobbs Show on cable tv so often?
jjaba.

Digitalvision

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lodgedodger,

That, in a nutshell, is a big reason the Detroit Region is the way it is. All sides of the divide (there's not just two) not being able to put down their weapons of mass distraction.

Duke_sims
Username: Duke_sims

Post Number: 85
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What is a Sambo, if you don't mind my asking?"

According to these "Call 'em out" idiots, a Sambo is any black person who:

1. Speaks the King's English.
2. Doesn't embrace the "gangsta" hip-hop mentality.
3. Criticizes a fellow black person -- no matter how warranted the criticism.
4. Doesn't constantly complain about "whitey" keeping the "black man" down.

To morons like the Call 'Em Out Coalition, if a black person carries himself with quiet dignity, and spends more time working and achieving instead of complaining, that means he's an Uncle Tom who has "sold out."

(Message edited by duke sims on October 12, 2008)

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 705
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad. Here we have a guy who has his heart into putting the city in order, and he's being slammed. I am so sick of this crap.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.