Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » FINALLY moving to Detroit, would appreciate Realtor recommendations « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Slider
Username: Slider

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My partner and I, after trying to spend a year selling our house in Ypsilanti, finally have an accepted offer and are ready to move to Detroit. We are considering Sherwood Forest or University District. I've rehabbed 3 historic properties over the past 10 years and am looking for another and hoping to snag a foreclosure. I'd appreciate any recommendations for a Realtor who specializes in these neighborhoods and is very familiar with the unique market. Feel free to post on here, as it may be helpful to others too, or if you prefer you can email me directly at brentandrewwelsh@yahoo.com.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2393
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ryan or lauren at oconnor realty

http://www.oconnordetroit.com/ default.htm

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 176
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

coldwell banker realty.
go on www.realtor.com type in zip code 48221 for Sherwood, University or 48203 for Palmer Woods. This web site has the realty multi list.

I will e mail you some names.

Cjd
Username: Cjd

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While we are at it, anyone know of any good mortgage brokers?

Evander
Username: Evander

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will second ryan or lauren at o'connor. nobody is better.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margaret Palmer at Renaissance Investments is superior.

Detroithabitater
Username: Detroithabitater

Post Number: 183
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ryan @ o'connor helped me buy my house. Great guy. Knows Detroit.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 862
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fred Ladd

http://www.riverpointerealty.c om/

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2087
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jennine@esquiresales.com

Wordonthestreet
Username: Wordonthestreet

Post Number: 172
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Austin Black, Max Broock Realtors

http://www.austinb2.com
http://www.urbanlivingupdate.c om

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i will second o'conner.

i know many people that have gone with margaret palmer and been very happy with her.

austin black is very knowledgable about detroit realty. if you go with him, tell him rockstarchitect recommended him to you.

realtor's that i've spoken with do not have a high opinion of fred ladd. i have not had any personal experience with him however.

i have also heard really good things about liz tintinalli.

Detroiterbychoice
Username: Detroiterbychoice

Post Number: 128
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second margaret palmer. Great lady, she lives downtown, and has been around for awhile. She knows her stuff. Got me a GREAT deal on my current place.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margaret Palmer helped me find leases on two flats, sold me two houses and has sold loft condos to two of my friends.

Tell her what you want and she will take care of you. Tell her Eric on Field sent you.

Detroiterbychoice

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and rich on alexandrine. :-)

Buy that house on canfield!!!!

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh my, yes, buy that house on canfield! It has LOTS of potential, I toured it, but it is WAY WAY beyond my abilities right now. 10,000 square feet in Midtown's prettiest residential street (historic canfield) 1890s home, but it has been vacant for about 15 years. no vandalism, but the previous owners did ALOT of gutting... It is one of Palmer's homes... tell her Andy Linn sent you. :-)

Detroiterbychoice

Post Number: 130
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I toured that one too. I wanted to buy it so bad.

There is actually a liveable house for sale on canfield down the street. Closer to second.

http://www.margaretpalmer.com/ listings.asp?listing_id=109907 6953

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 182
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This house in Palmer Woods is nice and is a foreclosure, divorce type deal. The house was modernized, really bad in the early 90's. Has great potential. To my knowledge has not been vandalized or stripped. Has a pool and carriage house. I good value for the area. However property taxes can come down with NEz.

http://www.realtor.com/search/ listingdetail.aspx?loc=48203&b d=4&bth=5&typ=39&sid=405f293b9 3a44df08b0b54560ee9cd6f&pg=3&f hpg=1&lid=1103713251&lsn=30&sr cnt=47

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 629
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez, Detroiterbychoice, that one's awesome! 1875? I'm in love.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll second Margaret Palmer. She helped us find out place and is quite good at her job. She will make sure the details of the deal are done right so they won't come back and haunt you a few months later.

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 360
Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

definately recommend Ryan Cooley or Lauren Bruyninga at O'Connor. They have been a huge help with my real estate transactions.

ryan@oconnordetroit.com or
lauren@oconnordetroit.com

Razr66
Username: Razr66

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 2:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up Slider??? (It's C. Ray from Toledo) I just jumped in to say "hi"....

Username: 7051

Post Number: 172
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Slider,

Still waiting for your telephone call.

Also, contact Kim Stroud at

http://realestateone.com/conte nt/AgentProfile.asp?agentID=33 235

or kimstroud.com

She lives in the Univ. District neighborhood and was instrumental in putting on the last 2 years' REALTOR open house days. She has also helped out Citizen's Patrol and the Security Patrol catalog and update the list of all vacant, foreclosed, for sale, etc. homes in the neighborhood.

I have knowledge of an immacculate home under $100k which is barely on the market. It is a foreclosure. Usually they need 50-70K if they are under 100K, but this one looks great.

Call me!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.