Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Is Angels Night relevant anymore? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ja1mz
Username: Ja1mz

Post Number: 137
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every year its made out to sound like if the volunteers are not out, and there is no media blitz,or no orange hats, blinking lights, or free food... the city will burn to the ground. 1984 was a long time ago..

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 621
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, didn't Dennis Archer pretty much put an end to it after his first-year embarrassment?
BTW, I HATE those "this building is being watched" signs! They put one on an empty house across the street from mine, and it wasn't very obvious that it was empty until that sign showed up. Now it's almost like they're inviting the vandals to mess with it.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2394
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

living next to a,
neglected abandoned house,
i do not complain

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8981
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see what you did,
you made that post a haiku
i am not sure why

Staticstate
Username: Staticstate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is that haiku? good job!

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2940
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Angles Night is pretty much a non-issue for me. The thing is, after Archer declared it to be dead and promptly got his with one of our worst ones yet, no politician has been willing to call an end to it yet.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 649
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good notice JohnLodge

I would have blown right by that

And I like Haiku's

Lizaanne
Username: Lizaanne

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are there any kids now who even know what Devil's Night was? I've thought the same thing myself - that surely the city must be beyond all this.

But hey - if that's what they need to bring down 11 abandoned homes, and clean things up, go for it!!

~Liza

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2395
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, i'd love the house next to me taken town, and have been told that it will be eventually, but since i can touch the roof of that house out of my own second story window, i don't think my residence would fare too well if it was done by fire.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 635
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fenemecek...

Angles Night my son
has every week in his
Geometry class.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3521
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Night of the Angels
A city exercising emergency preparedness
Detroit is safer because

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5982
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pardon my non haiku post but...

Isnt Angel's Night the nations largest community service initiative?

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live in a neglected abandoned house, so I worry all the time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.