Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Globe Trading Company/DDD Off-Shoot; Urban Exploration & Graffiti « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2098
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's funny how much we forget, but how we never really forget things. In another thread, someone brought up the renovation progress at the Globe Trade Building on the East River Walk. Talking about it brought back an interesting (for some) memory I had from touring the building, some years back.

Here is the off shoot from that other topic:

About that tour; there are several upper levels and (otherwise hidden) back rooms in that place. One room had what I thought (at the time) was graffiti all over the floor (a star with some circles, along with other pictures and writing). Later, I was talking about it with a friend from the area. It turns out, that graffiti was actually some sort of "cult" or Pagan (?) type thing. Some of what I thought was Spanish, was actually (or so I was told) Latin.

That really adds to the "creepiness" of that building. How long has that place been empty? I can't imagine who would use it for any related cult like purpose in the early 2000s. Maybe teenagers just "messing around"? Or was it from a previous decade? Has that building been left open in the past?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.