Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Congratulations President Obama! « Previous Next »
Archive through November 05, 2008Mashugruskie30 11-05-08  12:58 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 2354
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zrx_doug "Where do I go to collect my dole, comrade?"

Ask Dubya - his ass is on the way out.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2211
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had 3 drinks at dinner at Atlas
4 drinks with friends at Union Street watching the returns and celebrating my hubby's 67th birthday...all he wanted for his birthdaywas an Obama win...yay he got his wish...all is right with the world!!!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 750
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SHEEEEEEEEEEEYAHHHHHHH! thank god.

damn CC, awfully quiet! did you drop dead?

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 265
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We don't have TWO presidents! Until January 20th, he is President Elect Obama. Sorry to see it, but so be it, and I hope he proves me and others dead wrong. Our great country deserves great leadership, and we've been missing that for a LONG time.

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 2:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES WE CAN!!!!

Because YES WE DID!!!!

What a great day to be an American.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 362
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hpgrmln,

Contact the state department for information on how to formally renounce your citizenship.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1584
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 3:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a nation we WON!

NICE WORK FOLKS

I have never been prouder to be American.

And what a great speech!

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 682
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 3:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Luck Mr Obama with this mess your gonna need it,BUT one thing I,LL miss bout W. W can put his foot in his mouth more then I COULD. He made me feel kinda smart

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very kewl! I hope you all have fun!

Sean_of_Detroit goes back to work...... but he is partying in spirit.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 829
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Viola Liuzzo. Your sacrifice was not in vain.

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 652
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Yes to longtime racist preachers, radical school policy projects with terrorists,anti-israel hate groups, and that uniter himself, Farrakhan.
No to Capitalism and democracy.
The people have spoken. And theyve demanded a weakened America I dont recognize.
The constitution is dead.The country is dead.

Please let me know how I can physically surrender my citizenship.

Im going to the flag store tommarrow so I can buy one to hang upside down.

yawn. surrender your citizenship all you want, we're better without you. heck, do it "tommarrow".

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2062
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 5:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a great day for America, be you a Republican or Democrat, the citizens have made their voice heard in a peaceful manner.

Both Obama and McCain ran great campaigns, and their speeches last night were classy. If your guy lost, you can be proud that he fought to the end and if you really believe in John McCain then you will follow his words and support Our New President.

If you are an Obama supporter...try to be a classy winner. Rubbing people's noses in your victory is really a low-end way to celebrate. Obama was gracious in victory, if you believe in what he says, you might want to lend a hand to your beaten neighbor.

I say this, because one of the reasons we got in our current mess is 'cuz one side did not listen to the other. We can't have anymore of that gridlock. Our Country won't survive.

Winner or loser, be gracious, we are all Americans and we need each other.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 593
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And so begins 4 years of blaming Bush for everything the Democrats realize they don't know how to fix. Anything that goes wrong in the next 4 years, any flighty policy that the dems create that doesn't work, any negativity they cause, you will hear the same mantra: "well after 8 years of president Bush, blah blah blah." Just like Michigan's bad economy and over sized government is "still" Engler's fault (7 years later thank you Granholm). Let the blame game begin.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2518
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright, now let's see the new administration try to make good on campaign promises in this economy. Let's not have any Jimmy Carter era stupid projects like the Washington Blvd. re-do, although there is simply not going to be that kind of money lying around.
The dream of change may die as the administration becomes mired in what is Washington politics.
I dare them to reach above that.

(Message edited by 56packman on November 05, 2008)

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raptor,you might be right, but the sad fact is that we are in a Turd Trough Of Trouble right now and everybody better get with the program and pull together.

The people have spoken, I may not like it, you may not like it, but the stark reality is that the people have risen up and are demanding change. If you believe in the democratic process on which this republic was founded, grab an oar and start rowing.

Stupidy and greed has gotten us into this mess, and while I might not know the best way out, I know that pulling a foot-draggin-whine-basic-democ ratic-tantrum ain't going to get us out of this hole.

Jfre66_77
Username: Jfre66_77

Post Number: 92
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said Gnome.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 840
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look, Obama acknowledged in his speech last night that he has all of you to win over. Chill out.

But these are post-racial, post-1968 times. Something that happened many years ago has healed. People all over the world are rejoicing, Detroit... move the f*ck on and come into the 21st century. I worked TOO hard for the past 20 months to read this complaining, and every other site I go to online is rejoicing. Only THIS region and THIS city wants to stay stuck in the 20th century.

A lot of towns in the Great Basin of this nation stayed STUCK in the Gilded Age... they DIED. 100 years ago, Galveston was the biggest town in Texas. It NEVER recovered its full population. Detroit was important to the 20th century, but the folks who remain here seem to do their best to make us irrelevant in the early 21st.

The younger half of the nation is SICK of 1967 and 1968. There was wrong done on BOTH sides, and ALL OF YOUR CHILDREN have been punished. As a result, this election is not about "raaaaaace" -- it's about GENERATION. We under-45s are so sick and tired of our parents' and grandparents' generations and this mid-20th century rehash. Guess what? WE DON'T CARE. What you have in your hands is the LARGEST two-generation repudiation (Gen X and Millennials) of their elders in United States History.

Bury your hatchets and your resentments, because some of us wish to walk in the land of the living, NOT in the valley of the dead.

This is not 1976 in the cycles of history. Move on.

MOVE. ON. Or our city dies, and this region along with it.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2797
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

damn CC, awfully quiet! did you drop dead?

You know he very rarely comments on this side of the board. It's not his "hood".

Sturge
Username: Sturge

Post Number: 265
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Please let me know how I can physically surrender my citizenship."

Easy. Pick another country. Go there! Buh bye.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7889
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Black folks have waited over 231 years to have a black president in office. Barack Obama will be remembered in history as the first African American President of the United States. Therefore mark your calenders, November 4th 2008 marks the end of long line of 43 white male candidates for the presidency of the United States and the beginning of the 44th and first black president.

Barack Obama will not only change American politics, but also reform our useless and once Republican controlled government. The Republicans failed of putting America first in the agenda. During the Bush years, they rely on too much of his trade polices that resulted of millions of manufacturing jobs going overseas and sudden economic collapse. The Republicans failed to put Social Security, Universal Health Care, education, and the environment on their agenda. They even failed to withdraw their support to George Bush's FOLLIE war in Iraq.

When Obama becomes of nation's first black President (The Father of our Black America) of the United States. He would undo George Bush's mistakes, put American problems in his agenda and propose an exit strategy to bring out troops home and after Obama leaves office. His ideals and actions to our American society would persuade other ethnic children in later generations to become president instead of the long line of white males. America is changing for the better or for the worse. Everyone MUST get used to it or leave. I LOVE AMERICA, God put me here and he can take me out. If you all especially racist and radical groups don't like the way how our nation should run, THEN GET OUT!

Word from the Ghetto

A Change is going to come. OH YES IT IS!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9031
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Please let me know how I can physically surrender my citizenship.

Ah, the "country first" crowd shows their true patriotism. At least I was behind Bush until he repeatedly PROVED himself to be a fool.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 625
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait, it just dawned on me.
Now that a liberal Democrat has won, what will there be left for LarryinFlorida and Alan55 to gripe about and spew partisan intolerance toward?

I got a little tired of certain people bombarding us with hatred toward conservatives/Republicans.

Is this site going to become a more humble, happier place now?

Hpgrmln

Post Number: 626
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait, it just dawned on me.
Now that a liberal Democrat has won, what will there be left for some of DY's frequent commentators 9you know who you are) to gripe about and spew partisan intolerance toward?

I got a little tired of certain people bombarding us with hatred toward conservatives/Republicans.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9032
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Asks the guy revoking his citizenship and saying democracy is lost because his candidate didn't win.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 277
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Obama hasn't questioned anybodies patriotism because they disagreed with him.
If McCain can be man enough to give Obama a break, I think everyone else should too.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 278
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Obama hasn't questioned anybodies patriotism because they disagreed with him.
If McCain can be man enough to give Obama a break (after his speech last night), I think everyone else should too.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 492
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome great post, the only thing I would disagree with is that I thought McCain ran a horrible campaign. The only way I could consider it a good campaign for him is that he was able to throw more slime up against the wall than even I thought he had. He was too late in crafting his vision and his joe the plumber was a one trick pony. Other than that your post was great.

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 354
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno, Biden's warning about "testing" has me worried. Another thing is, will he be the cocky carpetbagging Obama who took a suicide run @ Clinton's buddy Bobby Rush?;
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09 /09/us/politics/09obama.html
or the politician shrewd enough to get the backing of the Harvard Law Review's conservative base(over a die-hard leftist) for the editor's gig, as long as he gave preference to their papers, which drew the confusion of the African-American members-who wondered if he made those deals because he was "mulatto";
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/ frontline/choice2008/obama/har vard.html
http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/8752/vs u/wmv-hi/macdonald-obama-memo0 80303.wmv
The thing that struck me is, his family is out of Seattle's equivalent of Birmingham(Michigan-statisticl ly right down the line) are these people in the street going to make too many demands on him? They think of him as a New Center type, will they get mad when they realize he could be more Birmingham?

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 152
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do not understand some of the anti-Obama sentiment that I have heard on the street and from co-workers. I voted for Obama because I think he is the right man for the job, we will see in 2012 if we were right. But I have heard people say no to Obama because he is "black". Well that is only half right, he is white too. Obama has a lot of work to get this country going and what he is or isn't should be the least of our worries right now.

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 153
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny: Black folks have waited over 231 years to have a black president in office. Barack Obama will be remembered in history as the first African American President of the United States. Therefore mark your calenders, November 4th 2008 marks the end of long line of 43 white male candidates for the presidency of the United States and the beginning of the 44th and first black president.

First off you do not vote for a person because of their race. If that is sole reason of why you voted for Obama, then you should destroy your voting card. I agree with that Obama will change this country (hopefully for the better), that is why I voted for him. He has white roots, his mother and grandparents (who raised him) are white. He is the first multiracial president.

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 272
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree that both gave good speeches. I noticed though when Obama mentioned McCain, the crowd clapped out of respect. When McCain mentioned Obama, the crowd jeered. Hmm.

(Message edited by SaintMe on November 05, 2008)

Haikoont
Username: Haikoont

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's easy to be a gracious winner, Saintme. What do you think would have happened if the electoral college were flipped?

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 274
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess my reaction was, not that this matters, that if McCain had acutally won the election and he mentioned Obama in his speech, his supporters would have still booed Obama.

Interesting handle Haikoont :-) Does it have anything to do with a brick paver on the Riverwalk?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5994
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C:

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9041
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the spirit of the original photo, shouldn't it incorrectly declare "McCain defeats Obama"?

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 435
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Obama an African-American because he was born in Africa or because his African ancestors were brought to America against their will?

We will "win" when we no longer define people by their skin color.

To expect Obama to solve our problems is to ignore everything that has happened in Washington in the past several decades. Is anyone familiar with our $10 trillion national debt?

Mashugruskie
Username: Mashugruskie

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Obama had no African ancestors here that were slaves from his father's line. His mother's side, otoh, did own slaves.

"We will "win" when we no longer define people by their skin color."

I think that just happened.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 753
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HOPE HAS PREVAILED!

Congratulations to AMERICA, for we have truly proved to the world we are (still) the land of opportunity!

We have a leader that represents the face of the nation.

Yes We Can!!!

Yes We Can!!!

Yes We Can!!!

<313>

Duke_sims
Username: Duke_sims

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just don't get it. People are acting like Jesus Christ was just elected president.

Barack Obama is a politician. I repeat: He's a major-party politician, folks.

And we're not talking about just any major-party politician -- Obama was the most successful Presidential fundraiser in history. He collected millions of dollars from corporate interests; Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and JP Morgan were among his biggest contributors.

Pop quiz, boys and girls: When a major party politician takes lots of money from certain corporate interests, does the politician almost always:

A. Enact policies that serve the corporate interests that fund him.

or...

B. Enact policies that will serve the interests of the "little guy," corporate interests be damned.

If you answered "B" then you're amazingly ignorant as to how things work.

Come on, people. What's this big change everyone is talking about? I don't give a damn about Obama's skin pigmentation. And I don't care what he says in his speeches; politicians lie. It's what they do.

How can people be so bamboozled by this crap? It's beyond me.

Watch and see what will happen: Obama will turn out to be just like all the rest of the major party politicians, but then people will claim, "Well, he tried to do the right thing but the powers that be wouldn't let me." They'll say this without realizing: OBAMA IS ONE OF THE POWERS THAT BE!!!

The same thing happened with Bill Clinton. That bleeding heart champion of the working man enthusiastically signed NAFTA, which gave birth to a giant sucking sound that's become positively deafening.

What's that definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

I think it applies here.

(Message edited by duke sims on November 05, 2008)

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 777
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duke...can't you tell people are tired of the same old...same old. Obama is something new...something America has never had. It's like we were stuck in the same old rut......year after year after year.

People wanted a breath of fresh air, not the same old shit we have had in the past. He does not look like all of the presidents we have had in the past...and he doesn't talk like all of the presidents we have had in the past.

We have endured 8 painful years with Bush. A president you all elected,so give Obama a chance. There is no way in hell he can do any worse. We have given you 43 chances to get it right....and it isn't right!

Us middle class have suffered. The rich have not. But then again, many of the rich are nothing but a bunch of selfish individuals.

America has spoken...get over it!

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9055
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duke has some points. Though this is the best one:

quote:

Watch and see what will happen

We can pretty much leave it there and disregard the rest.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 639
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes we can. Yes we did. As my two sons...ages 20 and 24...stood in line with me Tuesday morning, with 200 others at 6:10 a.m., I looked at the excitement of my sons, listened to their enthusiasm, looked down the line at many elderly voters quietly waiting for an opportunity they never thought would come, and I was moved to tears. I ended the day the same way, watching an inspirational young President-elect reach out emotionally to Americans. It was a day I will never, ever forget.

Duke_sims

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, did you even grasp what my post was about?

Obama IS more of the same old same old.

Duke_sims

Post Number: 108
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JohnLodge, you can "disregard" the lessons of history if you want. Personally, I don't waste one ounce of hope on politicians, becuase I already know what the score is.

As I said, people act like Jesus Himself was just elected President. It would be amusing if it wasn't such a sad commentary on how gullible Americans really are.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9058
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, just disregarding your speculation. History I am a fan of.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Duke Sims my sentiments. Everything you wrote.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 9059
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do follow what you two are saying, I just don't see what your alternative is. Third party? I'm for it. Other than that, what are you suggesting? Overthrow the government? It's annoying to read someone call a bunch of people ignorant while they're celebrating something they feel is important, then offer no solution or alternative of their own.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnlodge I wish Americans would show the same bombastic enthusiasm for health care reform, repeal of Taft Hartley (I was a proud union member and semi-activist)civil rights and other issues. I voted Nader, but was still thankful Obama won, and I was very moved by his speech. Im glad America is at least progressive enough to vote a bi-racial person into the presidency.

Duke_sims

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lodge, people are acting like the Messiah has just been elected President, and I commented on it.

I'm not advocating a "solution," because there is no "solution," other than people using common sense.

Hpgrmln

Post Number: 627
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Asks the guy revoking his citizenship and saying democracy is lost because his candidate didn't win."

A) Not because my guy didnt win, but because the guy who DID win has very sketchy connections, and disses his own grandma as a "typical white person" (and im not suppossed to think hes a closet racist?). The man extreme and radical. Again,Its not because my guy lost, but because a very unsettling guy won. I am very afraid to live in a nation run by a guy who wanted to radicalize public schools to encourage being an over-the-top revolutionary and chooses churches of the most divisive preachers that teaches exclusion and seperatism. I merely do not have faith in the particular winner.And I wont be able to say these things anymore if the fairness doctrine passes so i need to get it out of my system now.

B) I meant this particulr site, where people like to disagree.Will these threads get less heated?

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, here you go hpgrmln...
$1287

7:45 pm Depart Detroit (DTW)
Arrive Berlin (TXL) 3:45 pm +1 day Fri 7-Nov
Duration: 14hr 0mn American Airlines 4458
British Airways 296 / 984
Connect in Chicago (ORD), London (LHR)

Preview seat availability Choose this flight

http://www.expedia.com/pub/age nt.dll?tovr=-1294637292

Is Friday good for you? I'll even chip in $25. Hope your passport is valid.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 832
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"And I wont be able to say these things anymore if the fairness doctrine passes so i need to get it out of my system now."

The "Fairness Doctrine" has nothing to do with anything you say here. Personally, I don't think we need the Fairness Doctrine to return because I think there's enough alternative outlets for information that the reasons that it was adopted no longer apply. But the specter of the return of the Fairness Doctrine is a boogeyman pushed by conservatives to gin up fundraising and ad dollars. There's no widespread support among Dems to do so and the current Supreme Court would likely limit any law that sought to reimpose it.

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 2362
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hpgrmln: "I am very afraid to live in a nation run by a guy who wanted to radicalize public schools to encourage being an over-the-top revolutionary and chooses churches of the most divisive preachers that teaches exclusion and seperatism."

- And yet you had no problem staying here for the eight years when Dubya was doing his damnedest to dismantle the Constitution, that thing that is to him just "a goddamned piece of paper". Amazing.

Auf Wiedersehen. Enjoy living in Germany.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stop the hate Alan...stop the hate!

Duke_sims

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

- And yet you had no problem staying here for the eight years when Dubya was doing his damnedest to dismantle the Constitution, that thing that is to him just "a goddamned piece of paper". Amazing.

You've just summed up how Americans have been brainwashed into dialectic thinking.

Why do so many people assume that, because I disapprove of Obama's platform, it means I approve of Bush's policies?

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe people might think BOTH Obama and Bush are bad for the country?

Do you honestly think people who don't like Obama automatically have to like Bush?

(Message edited by duke sims on November 06, 2008)

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6898
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NINA SIMONE -"REVOLUTION" (1969)

NINA SIMONE -"REVOLUTION" (1969)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.