Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Don't know if anyone made it to the Michael Franti Spearhead « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rogerjab
Username: Rogerjab

Post Number: 96
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

concert last night in Royal Oak last night but that was one Obama celebration if there ever was one. He jammed for two and a half hours to a crowd of young and old, black and white and all people in between. With reference after reference to the new administration and at the end he closed it out with a great song dedicated to Obama.

What a great show, what a great performer and writer, just outstanding. If you're not familiar with Franti he's a progressive hip hop performer who largely ignored by the traditional mainstream TV and radio channels of promotion, has gained a passionate worldwide audience through extensive touring and appearances in alternative media like Mother Jones Magazine and Democracy Now.

Check him out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M ichael_Franti and if you're a fan of justice and music I urge you to see him next time he comes around.
Top of pageBottom of page

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 637
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love Spearhead! I didn't know they were playing. Is it true that Franti hasn't worn shoes in years?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.