Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Maroun's high school nickname « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1506
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At a funeral for my great aunt the other day, my great uncle mentioned that he went to high school with Matty Maroun. I didn't realize the scumbag was in his 80s. Anyway, he said Maroun was so ugly, they used to call him "Zombie" as a nickname. I asked for him to get my a copy of his yearbook picture.
Appropriate nickname for the man who turned MCS into such, I'd say.
My great uncle pointed out, however, that the kid they made so much fun of got the last laugh - and all the cash.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2140
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, the last laugh.... and when the race is over, no one has won the race (from the kids, to their kids, to Mr. Maroun, to the City of Detroit, to the State of Michigan, which contributed to problems in the USA and world economy. The Butterfly Effect in action, it's sickening).

When one loses, we all lose. :-( Why do you think so many millionaires feel the need to be reclusive proof and "stick it to the world"? We do it to ourselves.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5757
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My neighbor's dad grew up with him on the lower east side. True story...one day Maroun called his dad a hook-nosed Jew so his dad beat his ass pretty bad. I guess they were in their early teens. My neighbor is Lebanese by the way, not Jewish lol.

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 267
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When did they start calling him "Matty"?? I worked in the office of one of his companies...Central Transport/Central Cartage, on 6 Mile Road in the early 70's. He was know there as "Manny", not Matty. At that time, his dad "T.J." was still active in the business and both of them often passed by my desk.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.