Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Detroit greening efforts stall « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit greening efforts stall
in today's DETnews,
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20081110/M ETRO01/811100329/1409/METRO
quote,
"Efforts to replace thousands of dead and sick trees in Detroit have wilted because some City Council members fear the volunteer-led drive could violate workplace rules of a union town."
I remember this same topic that was posted months or about a year ago. It is about the same issue with the unions. The plan also will have the Meyers Nursery reopen. This is a $200,000 contract to plant over ten thousand trees.
Sometimes I do not understand why does Detroit has to bring up the same issues every couple months or years? Why does it take so much time to finish one project? The Greening of Detroit is a good project. I try to find the earlier topic and link it.

Hubbardfarmer
Username: Hubbardfarmer

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Forestry Dept: No trees, no jobs.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6400
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Already a thread on this:

Brenda Jones holding up volunteer proposal...

Looks like another good candidate for a thread merger.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3906
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Heh, I could name 1,000 good candidates in the past month. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.