Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Chrysler leaders get millions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wykkidx
Username: Wykkidx

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081113/BUSINESS01/311130002

I swear how can the auto industry actually expect to get out of the hole it is in and ask for the workers to take a pay cut if they keep pulling this crap.
I have stated before that the workers need to take a pay cut to get the companies competitive with their over seas rivals, BUT it can not happen and SHOULD not happen while their leaders are getting bonuses. They do NOT deserve them and should not get them. Pay cuts need to start at the top and work there way down. With this going on I can understand why there is no trust in todays workforce between workers and management.

Newport1128
Username: Newport1128

Post Number: 242
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A basic principle of behavioral psychology: if you want a behavior to continue, positively reinforce it. Apparently, the Chrysler board of directors wants its executives to keep making lousy decisions.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 352
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was a contract agreed upon by the FORMER owners, the Daimler bunch. Not uncommon in business, but just dumb in hindsight.

Glowblue
Username: Glowblue

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These contracts are a holdover from the bad old days of Daimler ownership. They suck, but Chrysler can't renege on the contracts.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3869
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"They suck, but Chrysler can't renege on the contracts."

That's true, but if the execs involved had any moral turpitude at all, they would decline the bonus payments. But why should they concern themselves with ethics?

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 410
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, Ray. Whatever the total of these "bonuses" is, there has to be a better use for the money.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1415
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let's say i'm trying to sell a rental property that has been trashed. looking at the family living there: the father tried doing amateur electrical work and has violated code, which must be fixed at great expense; the mother sloppily put up garish wallpaper, had a fire in the kitchen, and flooded the laundry room; the kids attacked the place with magic markers, hid food, and flushed various items which have fouled up the plumbing; and the cat whizzed everywhere.

this property is a wreck and i want to get rid of it. in order to make the place more saleable - i'm going to create a clause which keeps the family there, and is paid a bonus for doing so?

(Message edited by thecarl on November 14, 2008)

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 411
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL TheCarl...at first I thought you heard about what my former daughter-in-law did to the house she was renting from me...sounded eerily familiar!

But your point is well taken!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.