Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Bad Etiquette « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Long_in_the_tooth
Username: Long_in_the_tooth

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So... I just had a horrible meal....
I mean a really bad...bad...bad, RANCID STEAK!
It smelled like an old wet dog.
It should never have left the kitchen.
But...
It now seems that proper D'YES protocol is to
first address my server... then ask for a manager
to bring attention to my "dilemma"... give them a second chance.... and draw no hasty conclusions as to there regular quality.

yeah right.
been there... done that...no avail.

Baile Corcaigh Sucks.

I have tried time and time again...
I am sympathetic to the current health of the owner...
I appreciate the work and passion given to the decor...butt, I am pissing out of mine.

There. Lowell...stop me now if you are concerned.

p.s.

Be forewarned.. as I have just about had enough with a hole bunch of people in this town and have
plenty of matches to light the bridges on my way out.

Let the games begin.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 2711
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, if the food was that bad, who can blame you for being grumpy? But what happened when you took it up with the staff there?

PS, we have not had a bad meal there, and the service has been great.

(Message edited by gazhekwe on November 14, 2008)

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh. don't ever order the "irish famine" steak. they're authentic to the scarcity of meat and refrigeration of the time.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unless the waitresses there are profiling the Irish saying "Erin Go Bra-less", tell the place to kiss your arse and go down the street to White Castle's on Michigan and Rosa Parks. Pimp-Steaks to the People!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 896
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Long, wouldn't have happened had you tried "meatless".

Seriously, if the food sucks once, don't go back.

Bike4beer
Username: Bike4beer

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have never had a bad meal there either except the time that I ordered Shepherd's Pie and they waited till the food came out to tell me that they ran out of mashed potatoes. So basically I had a bowl of meat. They made it up to me with a pint of beer.

How an Irish place runs out of potatoes is beyond me

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 254
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's why I'm not much of a "steak guy" anymore.

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 255
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm more of a "triple steak guy."

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 405
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to this review I will never go to the Baile Corcaigh or any restaurant in Detroit again. In fact, I think I'll leave town too!

Thanks Long_in_the_tooth for providing an important public service.

(Message edited by wazootyman on November 15, 2008)

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ordering steaks at a restaurant that isn't a Ruth's Chris or better steak restaurant invites disaster.

Not that I'm smarter, I'm just sayin'

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 528
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks, I tend to agree. It's rare to find a decent steak at a non-expensive place.

Rickinatlanta
Username: Rickinatlanta

Post Number: 204
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good example is this weeks Kitchen Nightmares where the owner of the Italian Restaurant listed his NY Strips as Black Angus on the menu but told Ramsey that they were actually Choice to save money.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1688
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ha ha Cman, you made a pun!

Jonnyfive
Username: Jonnyfive

Post Number: 142
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"How an Irish place runs out of potatoes is beyond me"

That's when it becomes appropriate to start making potato famine jokes...

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If one is going to go cheap on steak, cook it yourself. You'll probably be better off, if you know what you're doing.

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 5153
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been to Baile Corcaigh in several months, but the times I have dined there I found the food and service very good. The last time there was an excellent Irish band and everybody was having a blast.

LITT, here's my take on posting restaurant experiences. When anyone posts an experience, it is anecdotal. It is one person's story and unsubstantiated. [BTW I do not doubt your particular post; from the quality your past posts on this forum, I believe you. I am just stating what all posts logically are.]

In the first responses to the thread starter positive posts have a tendency to elicit positive reviews. Negative reviews tend to draw negative responses. Then a balance of both views evolves and sometimes the first post is out-voted. It doesn't mean your experiences were not bad; maybe it was the luck of your draw that you were the one person in a thousand who hit them on their only bad days.

Our main concern is that someone might be using the forum, and its very large Detroit-focused audience, for some commercial or personal end – like a competitor.

Yeah, we lean toward the ‘speak no evil of Detroit’ side [except in cases of undeniable evil]. And why not, everybody kicks us; we don’t need us kicking us.

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 357
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks Ordering steaks at a restaurant that isn't a Ruth's Chris or better steak restaurant invites disaster.

Ruth's Chris is good, an old friend of my sister-in-law is married to the heir.

/why does the Cheesecake Factory show no love?

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 227
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Outback , Longhorn and even Texas Roadhouse have really good steaks . I think Ruth's Chris is fine if you're on an expense account. Otherwise , kind of overpriced .

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2903
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It smelled like an old wet dog."
And yet, you ate it.
Let's start over. You are blaming who, for what, now?

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3876
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Softailrider hit it with Outback, I think. Never had a bad steak there. The worst I ever had was at a Black Angus. It, too, was an old, wet dog.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't really understand L-i-t-t's first post. Is he saying that he goes to Baile C. often and every time the meal is bad? Did he say something to management this last time and was told to f**k off? Has he ever said anything to management? Why is this post so passionately negative? If a complaint was made and management didn't make it right, then blast away. But what exactly happened here?

Also, for those not in the know, what is wrong with the owner's health?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.