Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Christmas at the Fort - Historic Fort Wayne Dec. 13 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone,

I would like to invite anyone interested to a holiday event at Fort Wayne.

The day is December 13 and the event will be held in two sessions, 2:00pm-5:00pm and 6:30pm-9:30pm.

It will be a guided tour through Fort Wayne and how Christmas was celebrated through different eras. The tour should last roughly 1 hour 15 min. There will be a WWII USO Santa, representatives from the 1860's, 1890's, WWI and WWII.

Pending any changes there will be a short horse drawn wagon ride, refreshments for sale at the Visitors Center and a small museum of Historic Fort Wayne photos and memorabilia on display.

Parking (per City of Detroit) $5 per car
Tickets - $3 for adults, $2 for children and $30 for groups up to 15.

Hope you can make it out. For more information, follow the link to the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition website!

http://www.historicfortwayneco alition.com/christmas.html

Best Regards,

Tom Steele
Historic Fort Wayne Coalition

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 918
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a premier event that benefits the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition and its effort to maintain the Fort Wayne. 100% of the money collected for admission goes to the restoration or upkeep of the Fort and its grounds.

It is an excellent way to spend an evening learning about how both soldiers and civilians throughout history spent their holidays while simultaneously serving in the military.

Most importantly, the money raised goes on to fund many of the future projects that we have planned.

Please consider spending your afternoon or evening watching the Fort as it progressed throughout all of the periods that it served.

See you at the Fort!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 116
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you to everyone who took the time to support Historic Fort Wayne for this 1st annual Christmas holiday event.

I am looking for feedback from anyone who attended so we can find ways to improve or continue doing the things that we did.

Thank you again and Merry Christmas!

Tom Steele
Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
www.historicfortwaynecoalition .com

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I attended with three friends and everyone loved it. We had to cut out a little early because we had to be at a church in Delray at 4:00 and we all wished that we could have had stayed another hour. The live displays were great, the tour guides were as well. The bake sale was very good, the horse and wagon was fun. It was a great day. My only suggestion would be to charge more, for just $3/person it was a steal. A couple of the parishioners at Holy Cross were hoping to make it to the 6:30 tours. I think going at night would have been even better.

Davemarc
Username: Davemarc

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ment to post on this to..We went to the 6:30 tour.It was a very well done event.I was sorry we had to bail a bit early(late for the kiddies).I have to agree with Krypto,at 10.00,it would be well worth the price,Dave

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm definitely looking forward to next year. I'm really sorry we had to miss this one. Sounds like it was GREAT!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.