Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » CAID? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Brian_fitzcarraldo
Username: Brian_fitzcarraldo

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is CAID doing anything for New Year's Eve or sometime in the vicinity? Haven't heard of much happening there lately.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 692
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what's CAID again?

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 960
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you could join the mailing list

info@thecaid.org
www.myspace.com/thecaid

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 645
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be scared to go there for a party! Unless I walked, of course. ;)

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 438
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was posted on another Blog recently about the future of the CAID. I did not attend so I am not sure what was discussed

“Before the close of this year, major decisions will be made that may significantly affect programming at the Contemporary Art Institute of Detroit (CAID), specifically as they relate to our facility on Rosa Parks Blvd. The small building in the Woodbridge Historic District has been a home for the arts for over 10 years. The decisions may have a direct and immediate impact on CAID’s future at this place and on the members and community it serves there.

‘The hard choices CAID now faces are of such significance that the board of directors finds it necessary to solicit the input and guidance of CAID members and any other interested and concerned individuals. We feel strongly that CAID should never exist to serve merely the visions of a few. Its primary purpose is and always will be to promote the dreams and creative ambitions and curiosities of the many.

‘Therefore, we respectfully request your presence at a general meeting on Thursday, December 11 at 5:30PM at CAID’s Rosa Parks location. We will invite you to voice your ideas and concerns in response to a report of the past year, a summary of our programs and plans for the future and a presentation of the choices that will need to be made regarding our Rosa Parks facility. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to me that you attend this meeting. Dress is casual and we will be providing refreshments.’

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

first rule of fight party club, is don't talk about party club.

anyways, i got the email above and it seems that the caid is at a moment of transition, without the afterhours party aspect of their "fundraising", which was so publically brought down, i wonder if they have enough to sustain them

(Message edited by gravitymachine on December 17, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.